300g comunity tank

xlong

I have 8x2.5x2 tank and thinking to do 5 aro community tank, but the maximum that I can spend $ 3k.
1. I'm thinking to get 5 RTG " but I think they too aggressive is that right?"
2.. Thanks How about 2 RTG with 3 or 5 green
3. 1 super red with 4 green
Can any bro or sis in here give me some advice, cause this is the first time I try to do community and I don't know is the tank big enough for them. What you guy think, # 1,2 or 3 or something else

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I'd say go for 5 Panda Golds or Panda Gold Supremes. That is my plan anyway.

Keep in mind that I am known to be biased in favour of Panda Arowana, so you might want to listen to other people about getting DFI, Elkindo, Pang Long etc. You could always play all of the dealers off of each other to see who will offer you the best deal... :D

Anyway, no matter who you go with, it sounds like you have an amazing project coming up. Please keep us all informed with how it goes! :)

xlong

Yeah, that was my first thing to come up my head, I really like 5 RTG swim in my dream tank but just like I say they so aggressive to compare with red or green. Let wait more bro in here think.
Thanks for your reply Cirrus

hondas3000

with $3k I would get one super red and one cross back and the rest of the money spend on black, green or silver. RTG is nice but 5 RTG is a bit too much. In my opinion I find 1 super red in the tank is way better looking then 5 RTG. Same thing for 10 silver aro compare to 1 RTG :). So I think Cirrus here can help you out with your $3k there. Aro get you addicted, so once you hook up you always want the top quality. Don't make yourself regret later down the road.

h.l_nathan

The reds are more aggressive. Go with 1 red 1 XB and 1 RTG. you might have to come up with a little bit more $ (not much) but its worth it in the long run.
Just so you dont regret not getting something else later. Like me now i'm stuck with a red comm tank at 2 feet and a XB tank at 1 feet

EEYY

In terms of aggressiveness, I would rank like this .....

- Jardini

- Green

- RTG (Gold-based)

- Red

- X-back

- Silver

EEYY

I have 8x2.5x2 tank and thinking to do 5 aro community tank, but the maximum that I can spend $ 3k.
1. I'm thinking to get 5 RTG " but I think they too aggressive is that right?"
2.. Thanks How about 2 RTG with 3 or 5 green
3. 1 super red with 4 green
Can any bro or sis in here give me some advice, cause this is the first time I try to do community and I don't know is the tank big enough for them. What you guy think, # 1,2 or 3 or something else

Please seriously not to consider #2 and #3. Green(s) would most likely dominate your tank.

carcrazy

I have a green in my planted tank and he looks pretty plain. I should have gotten an RTG instead. Maybe I'll upgrade but I get attached to my pets and find it hard to let them go.

If you are set on a com. tank then I would go with number 1 but I if it were me I would go with a SR with a couple of rays.

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
If I knew 4 more RTGs would grow out like mine did colour-wise, I'd get 5 in a comm. :D

And yes, my RTG is from Panda. :)

sugpo

I got
1 Panda BBXBack
1 CV Maju super red
thinking of getting 1 HBRTG
and 3 black aro on the way waiting for the shipment.
Make it assorted more interesting different color, go with the price that your happy to spend on each alway think of no matter what enjoy and treasure all what you got and stop thinking if you got the best or high quality if your not going to show it.