Another cloudy eye thread

cheon

Hey guys , I woke up and my sr had a cloudy eye and it's pretty swollen. He is still eattin, my water is mint , and I do water changes every Sunday 15percent with adding 3 caps of prime and 4 teaspoons of aquarium salt, it's 160gl filled to about 140.I added a another aro 2 days ago but they are separated. Is this permanent?what can I do to make it better thx.

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Time and good water quality is all you can really offer. Hopefully it was a minor scrape and should not be a permanent thing. Some people might suggest adding melafix, but I don't personally care for that product.

Anything in the tank that you think he might have scraped his eye on?

Personally, I change more water than 15%, but that's just me. ;)

carcrazy

I agree, I also do more water changes. I do about 30% twice a week on all of my tanks. I have had cloudy eye before (or at least the fish have) when I missed or delayed water changes, increasing the schedule of wc worked every time.

hustler

When in doubt water changes are first and formost here :)
After that its process of ilimination.... rocks/wood/other fish/bad food ect ect.

peacockbass

invest in a 20 dollar test kit...and test your water parameters on a weekly basis...that is the best way to monitor water quality instead of simply doing water changes.....u can't diagnose a problem without being able to identify what is causing it....

Arrow

I agree having a test kit is a must.
Test your water and I would be doing at least 30% weekly waterchages