Arowana ate the thermometer

Eatman

Yup, as title states... pretty sure it was him.

It's been about 5-6 days now since he's ingested it (estimation), and has had a complete loss of appetite. I'm pretty worried for his survival at this rate, seeing that the thermometer is one of those 3.5 inch glass tubular ones, and to make it worse, the suction cup was still attached to it too.

So my question is, is this game over for him? has anybody else ever heard of any other arowanas doing this?

It's a golden xback, about 20"

thx

Skrick

Wow that is insane hope he is ok but I can't imagine the fish to be able to pass something like that Good luck ! :(

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I have not heard of this happening before. If you are in Vancouver, try contacting the Vancouver Aquarium for advice? Really not sure what could be done here.

Oh damn, sorry to hear that man. I never experienced this so I'm not entirely sure what to do in this situation. I doubt your aro will be able to pass the glass thermometer through its digestive system. I think the only way to get it out if to make your aro barf if possible. The only other option I can think of is a operation, by sedating your aro and look down its throat to see if you can pull the thermometer out with sergical tongs.