Ban on exports of black arowana from Brazil?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
A fellow on an albertan forum says he was told by a pet store owner yesterday that Brazil has slapped an eport ban on black arowana. Anyone heard anything?

Gwai.jai

I have heard same...

Now Black Arowanas are labelled as Blue Arowanas on everyones inventory list....

jackson

I have heard same...

Now Black Arowanas are labelled as Blue Arowanas on everyones inventory list....

This is very true.

I have also seen that they are breeding this black Aro called black black Aro. It has just been sent to Japan I think this year or last year I am not sure. They are supposed to be very rare as well.

protoxeno

I saw one at LFS near silver star blvd a bit east of P-mall, it was sold for $200 about that, can't remember it was in the summer and about 12 inchs. Pretty black to me, dang I wanted that too.

jackson

I saw one at LFS near silver star blvd a bit east of P-mall, it was sold for $200 about that, can't remember it was in the summer and about 12 inchs. Pretty black to me, dang I wanted that too.

Are you talking about the black black or as I was just told by a buddy saphire blacks?

If so I dont think that was one they have only been exported to Japan and that is it. They go for thousands as well.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
just heard that Black Arows are coming in via Peru. So, even if Brazil has closed the door, they are still legally availabe for now.