CANT GET CLEAR

joshhoward

ok so i need help.
ive got my 150 and i have 2 emperor 400's and a marina xp2 on it. my water is still cloudy, kinda seems like a lot of stuff floating around makes it look cloudy or dirty or something..thinking of adding an xp 3 or 4 this weekend...any help would be great....am also thinking of making it a planted aro com

EKen

Super Moderator
How long has your tank been running. Not to be mean but 2 Emperors don't do much. There is not a lot biological filtration in there. If you want to go the XP way, I would opt for the XP4, much more media volume available.

About the cloudiness of the water, you have to let the Beneficial Bacteria (BB) settle in. It takes some time. And 150 gallons is a little bit small for an aro comm.

joshhoward

there is only 3 in there. silvers about 12' in length but yes i do know they get big and need more room. ya the funny thing is i have the emperors on there to keep it clear and let the others do the work.

T1KARMANN

3 x silver aros in a 150 is your problem a 150 is to small for 1 x silver they grow so fast you need to be thinking about a new bigger tank now to tell the truth

joshhoward

right now they are small enough.
ok ppl lets say i have no fish in it. what can i do to make my water better

danfong88

There is something wrong with your filter system. Please take a picture of your tank and post, so we can take a look and give a proper diagnosis. I think you discharge and bioload is not correct. Make sure the return canister is overflowing about 1" ( 45 degree upwards) from the surface of the tank. Check you DOC level is slashing the surface.
Good Luck!

joshhoward

thankx dafong88 thats the help i was looking for. and actualy added some new and more media to the canister which already has made a difference and tomorrows purchase of another canister will def help. we'll see what happens...
thinking about going with the xp4 or...maybe..just maybe and fx5

danfong88

thankx dafong88 thats the help i was looking for. and actualy added some new and more media to the canister which already has made a difference and tomorrows purchase of another canister will def help. we'll see what happens...
thinking about going with the xp4 or...maybe..just maybe and fx5

FX-5 media is more expensive. Just the filtration system simply and check the water each week. 25% each will be the water in check, nitrate... and ammonia.
I hear not so good things about the FX-5. Go with the Eheim, is proven technology. :D

joshhoward

picked up and ehiem pro 2 today. tank already a lot more clear and added carbon to my other canister. thankx evryone who actually helped