Free to a good home

Sygoomei

Free Phoenix to a good home

I have a Prochilodus Insignis of about 6 inches which I need gone basically ASAP. Recently she's been beating up my larger phoenix and I just noticed that one side of my larger phoenix has many missing scales.

Don't get me wrong, she's not an aggressive fish, but I do not recommend putting her in with any other phoenix. I've never seen her beat up any other fish than Pookie, the other phoenix, so I'm quite sure you won't have any difficulty with your beautiful aro's or fragile tigers.

Anyway, this little baby will help complete any tank lacking a beautiful phoenix which already has twelve full stripes and a thirteenth growing in, between the middle and next lower black stripe.

Anyway, I'm posting here first; but if I don't hear anything today I'll be posting on BCA as well.

Pax vobiscum,
Sygoomei

PS. Upon closer inspection it appears as if there's a small possibility of an infection on Pookie. I've looked closely at everyone; ESPECIALLY the tiger, because he's so fragile, and I don't see anything that looks amiss with them. As such, I'd use a precaution with putting her in a quarantine tank first--just to be sure. But the signs point towards her hitting Pookie near her caudal, the easiest place to score a good hit on any fish.

Last edited:

Sygoomei

This is quite an old picture of Zeitgeist.
ZeitPook.jpg

This picture is from about June. I'd had her for about 2 weeks by that point and has since grown about 3 inches. She's gained a lot of mass since then and does her cleaning job quite well.

I could (and just did, but deleted it) go on about her forever about how much I love this little girl; but I won't to save you from a TON of reading. I had BIG plans for this fish, but my dream will be halted for a tad longer I suppose.

Pax

Sygoomei

Further update

I have now separated them with a piece of styrofoam. The aggro phoenix is with the tiger, aro and bichir because I couldn't coax him alone without a net. Anyway, he's totally not aggro anymore.

In fact, he's now being beaten up by the Aro. Strange things are at foot right now it seems and a scientist would probably shoot me for saying this, but; I think there's a level of communication between my Aro and Pookie. The aro can swim beneath the styro (which is pushed up by the air trapped in it) and anything BUT the little phoenix can fit underneath.

So anyway, the Aro swims to Pookie's side and gets all close for a while, then swims straight over to beat up the little phoenix and seems to buddy up with Pookie again. I wish I had a video camera, because it is truly strange behaviour. The aro is aggressive to ONLY the small phoenix--who is seemingly deathly afraid of a similar sized RTG.

Well, the problem is temporarily solved. I'm no longer in quite the rush I was in, but it is truly time to find a happy new home for my dear Zeitgeist. I request that I get the occasional pic update, but that's about it.

Pax

PS The caudal may be nice in this pic, but she's got a MUCH nicer one now. Imagine those nibs near the centre being more like full out stripes and the tips on the ends being stripes with another orange layer and big black almost full black lines at the ends. I think she's about the same size as Pookie when I purchased her 2-3 years ago.

I would love to take her off of your hands, I could keep her in my 50g(4feet long) and put her in my big plywood tank when I get that built. How long do you think she would be ok for in a 50g tank?

I really miss having a phoenix and would love another now that I have a bit bigger of a tank for one.

Let me know Damien