Gobies

mmcgrath

taiwanese gobies

Some freshwater gobies i got from exotic aquaria in june. A really fun variety of fish because of how well they respond to colour feeding techniques. I will be putting some of them up for sale but i dont know which ones yet ha

Attachments

• goby2.jpg
    goby2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 472
  • goby3.jpg
    goby3.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 453
  • goby4.jpg
    goby4.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 465
  • goby7.jpg
    goby7.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 478

exoticaquaria

Wow colour is amazing! A lot nicer than in my bare tank!

So what is their diet? Also what are your water parameters.

I need a nano tank of these. Super fun to keep!

mmcgrath

water is pretty hard, temp is around 72. They are definitely happier when the water is cold and moving fast. They like to play in the current. Havent really been testing for anything or doing any kind of regular water change. Im feeding algae wafers, cyclopeze, and a gel im making i found the recipe for online. I will try to find the link for it because mine kind of half assed as i couldnt find half of the ingredients.

exoticaquaria

water is pretty hard, temp is around 72. They are definitely happier when the water is cold and moving fast. They like to play in the current. Havent really been testing for anything or doing any kind of regular water change. Im feeding algae wafers, cyclopeze, and a gel im making i found the recipe for online. I will try to find the link for it because mine kind of half assed as i couldnt find half of the ingredients.

Awesome! Sounds like you are having fun with them. Hopefully they will breed for you soon!

mmcgrath

The males already chose their spots to dominate and i have a salt water system running for the fry if any happen to come by. They lay there eggs in fresh water but the fry immediately go to salt water (probably for food variety), once they are ready they then make this incredible journey back up stream to freshwater, they have even been seen 25 feet up climbing waterfalls, Pretty impressive!

I know that the fry have been taken from the wild after a spawn and successfully raised on one occasion, and that spawning in tanks has happened with several people that own groups of them. However I dont think getting them to spawn in captivity and then raising the fry has been done. Hopefully mine will spawn so i can at least try raising them.