Greetings from Jakarta!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
The past 48 hours have been very intense. Jakarta has about 15 million people. As part of my visits to farms I have crossed the city from north to south - twice. Those of you who are familiar with travel in mega cities will know what this means (hours in traffic for one thing). I have to really express my gratitude to Hendri Leong and all members of Arowanaclubindonesia. They have gone way way out of their way to arrange things for me. They have made this as stress free a trip as it could possibly be. I was invited to a big Chinese banquet with major aro players from Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia. I have been made to feel welcome every where I went. I have been chaufered and guided and....well, made to feel very welcome. In fact, I am writing on a laptop beonging to one of the arowanaclub guys right now and will be driven to the airport in a few hours. How do you repay such gratitude? Ok, I already bought a set of Hendri's books (autographed too)!

The contest was absolutely stunning. The owner of MunjulPrima dropped by today and said it was top knotch in terms of organization - and in terms of the fish quality. I can now honestly say I have seen top world class Super Reds. They can not get any better I think. I also had an in interview with Edo. I had to choose between visiting his farm and PT Arowana/Munjul Prima and went for the latter. I sure wish I could have visited Edo's showroom too, maybe next time. I'll be writing an article on his farm shortly.

I have now taken 800 photos and 2 hours of video. I have witnessed and filmed a chipping, and hope to see a breeder relieved of fry shortly. I have taken at least 2000-3000 words of notes...I have so much raw data to work with it is scary. Maybe I should start thinking seriously of writing a book? And I haven't even started visiting the Malaysian farms and hobbyists! :eek:

I am pretty wired now, not enough sleep, definite over stimulation. I forgot to call my wife yesterday (well, got back to the hotel too late after the banquet), and so am in deep shit on that end. Can't blame my wife for freaking out though. She knows the last time I travelled in Indonesia I got robbed - twice! So, maybe the karma/arowana gods decided to pay me back with kindness this time. Nah, it was just Hendri and the arowanaclubindonesia guys (special thanks to Stephen and David) being great people!:)

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Haha, hope all gets smoothed over with the wife :)

Sounds like one hell of a wirl wind tour and alot of fun.

Look forward to the articles, pictures and vids :)

GRANDDRAGON

Hey Cirrus great job and hang in there. Like I have said, time flies when you are having fun. Share your words and pics of you trip with us here in the forum.:)

dave77

hi Theo, do u still remember me?
some pict to share...

Attachments

• TM10.JPG
    TM10.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
That is how they roll over there man...

I have been fashion impaired since I was a young man...I am very sensitive about it, but there's nothing I can do. It seems to be chronic. So please don't make fun of me, especially since I got some NASTY blisters on my feet from all my friggin' jungle walks in Malaysia! :D

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
so where r u now?
so, r u already plant to go to jakarta again?:D

I am in Singapore for the next five days, then back to Malaysia. I doubt I'll be back to Jakarta, but Kalimantan is a possibility. I'd sure love to check out the farms there and attend the big aro contest in May...:)

mike

Sounds like ur having a blast on ur trip, hope u dont get robbed again~! and yes u should write a book.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I have been fashion impaired since I was a young man...I am very sensitive about it, but there's nothing I can do. It seems to be chronic. So please don't make fun of me, especially since I got some NASTY blisters on my feet from all my friggin' jungle walks in Malaysia! :D

lol

Fair enough. I'm sure most people there are to astonished by the giant white man to noticed his fasion faux pas :D