Hi from Ontario!

protoxeno

Hi guys, I live in Ontario, GTA area and in my mid 20's. I had the passion for aros since I saw a big silver at a LFS 15 years ago. But only til recently this year I was able to afford a 4ft tank and the setup to buy from Panda AQ.

I am 2 years away form undergrads and I hope I can see great developments in this hobby in Canada.

I will be in charge of orders in Ontario and hopefully we can all drive down the high prices of aros across Canada and give a bit of head room to the hobbyist who have the same passion for aros!

And here is my Green and PG that I just got from Panda this October! (Thanks kenta for waking up and driving to the airport at 5am!)

IMG_0166.jpg

And my green recently RIP because of weak lid cover.

IMG_0501.jpg

And here is my PG, because of my green passing and learned my lesson to keep the lid closed. I now have a canopy with about 40lbs of dumb bells spread over all the corners with more covers from the small spaces behind the tank due to the tubings from the filters.

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

You'll notice that my PG got 2 drop scales in the middle, this is due to him jumping over the dividers when I kept the water level too high and he got pwned by my greenie....but its recovering and hope to have the shine back.

Last edited:

DragonfishExotics

Sorry to hear about your loss, I had a very thick lid made for my tank 8mm, because my 22" HBRTG was jumpy at night....until I put in a night light for him, 2 red leds, settled him right down.

Yuppa

Super Moderator
better to lose a green from a loose lid then a gold or red!!
the fact you continued with aro after your loss is testament to your dedication. glad your on the forums!

Kenta

Administrator
I lost a big Green a few years back from loose lid too, now i keep weights on my tank (literally plates for weight lifting).

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I lost a silver aro to jumping a long time ago...ever since I have been SO paranoid about lids! Still, I've gone on to lose a fire eel and a birchir due to them sneaking out of cracks between the lid and tank...

Welcome aboard Protoxeno!