IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Marius has expressed a strong interest in organizing a spring import of Asian arowana. Several individuals in Canada have committed to buying fish. Put the two of these facts together and you have a spring Dragonfish import!

I am too busy with other matters in life and so want to retire from the fish business. Kenta is busy raising 3 premium fish, Kole has moved on to bigger fish ( :D ), and Lo Sai might be interested in doing a few local sales. I think this is our 14th or 15th order in four years, but to be honest, I have lost count. I guess we must have done something right along the way or people would not keep buying fish from us.

A quick perusal of the www.dragonfish.ca website will show you that all pricing information has been removed. This is a concession to the good of the retail sector who seek to earn a living from the sale of these fish. A fine balance has to be struck when you are a direct-importer-retailer-wholesaler-hobbyist.

Now, it is my pleasure to have Marius pick up the ball (so to speak) and run with it. The time has come for new energy and enthusiasm to drive the hobbyist based direct-import model forward. Marius plans to get his first personal Asian arowana in this order. As a university student with a baby on the way, he reminds me of an earlier stage in my life, and of the fact that anyone should be able to afford an Asian arowana. So Marius, I know you will be busy with your studies, but I wish you luck in organizing the order. You should find a lot of support from various quarters to make it work.

arl

Isn't Marius in Montreal? That will be tough not being in Vancouver or Toronto to recieve/claim and distribute the fish, unless he's getting a courier to forward it to him to Montreal. I think those are the only 2 entry points, I may be wrong though.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Kenta and Lo sai are here to help out too. And there are some other guys too...Marius will not be alone in this. ;)

Marius

Isn't Marius in Montreal? That will be tough not being in Vancouver or Toronto to recieve/claim and distribute the fish, unless he's getting a courier to forward it to him to Montreal. I think those are the only 2 entry points, I may be wrong though.

We have it covered and the same solid customer service will take place from now on as before.

Cypher

Still a bit confused here...so the fish will be shipped to Montreal for this order? And Marius will reship them accordingly?

isjah

does anyone know which farm will be selected and what kind of aro, i.e. red. rtg. xback.........?

carcrazy

Me neither. I have a RTG, a red and a future green all in their own tanks. I think I need a bigger house.

James Sananikone

Hi Marius, Curius... It is true that the price of the super red is falling as sharp as my Mutual Fund Portofolio these day !... If it is true, is time to have a Super Red Com. Tank my friends...also it is good timing to negociate a better deal with the farm too ! It is probably a win win situation for every one here .

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
James, now you are speaking like a true arowanaclub member! ;)

From day one I have worked hard to provide the best quality fish at the best possible prices. These times are no different my friend. I have a big tank to set up in my basement (535 gallons) and that means I need to get myself a bunch of aros...

Stay tuned James! :)