In need of big fish shipping supplies, can anyone help?!

JMorash

It's time for me to finally throw in the towel for awhile. That last couple years have been too hectic to worry about fish, and my collection has boiled down to one very large fish. I have finally decided to sell him, and found a buyer, but need some shipping supplies, and I'm not looking for buy 100 of any size bag, so I was hoping someone would sell me a couple big bags. I need something that will hold a 22" channa, and would like need 2 or 3 of them just in case.

Anyone have any they can sell me? Or know of anywhere I can buy singular bags?

Thanks,

JMorash

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I am super busy with fish and family (lol), not to mention work, but I will see what I can do!

Theo

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I have a heavy duty vinyl lined bag from Singapore specifically made for shipping large Asian arowana. I think I paid $20 for it down there. I only have the one. I would recommend you use a couple of jumbo size fish bags (which I think I have a few of) and then use the heavy duty liner bag. Will your customer be able to mail me the bags when he is done with them?

To make matters a bit more complicated, I think I will be using the bags myself in the coming week for a shipment to Alberta, meaning the person I am shipping to would then mail the bags on to you. It could all lead to some delay.

Another idea would be for you to contact Oliver Lucanus in Montreal? I think he kind of "owes" you a favour given the business you have given him in the past? :)

exoticaquaria

I have a heavy duty vinyl lined bag from Singapore specifically made for shipping large Asian arowana. I think I paid $20 for it down there. I only have the one. I would recommend you use a couple of jumbo size fish bags (which I think I have a few of) and then use the heavy duty liner bag. Will your customer be able to mail me the bags when he is done with them?

To make matters a bit more complicated, I think I will be using the bags myself in the coming week for a shipment to Alberta, meaning the person I am shipping to would then mail the bags on to you. It could all lead to some delay.

Another idea would be for you to contact Oliver Lucanus in Montreal? I think he kind of "owes" you a favour given the business you have given him in the past? :)

Theo those vinyl / canvas bags are the only way I'd ship large/expensive fish.

I have some extras I am selling. 2 would be safest I think.

Regular plastic bags with a large channa may get ripped in transit.

JMorash

Hey guys,

I was able to find what I need locally! Thanks again! I'll be back soon enough.

Hope all is well,

Justin Morash