Indo Reds

CHILLI RED

What does everyone think of Super Reds from Indonesia? I saw some Chilli Reds at a LFS today for only $1250. They told me they came from a farm in Indonesia. Are these lower quality than others or could they be the same compared to Chilli Reds from other farms in Singapore etc.???

Kenta

Administrator
How big are they?

I question how they know its a chilli red (if its small)... Dragonfish Canada used to offer "chilli" or "blood" reds, which was contrary to Pandas marketing, there was just no way of knowing what type of Super red the fish was going to be, which could damage reputation down the road when the fish mature and you realize they weren't chillis reds afterall. Now all certs say "Super red" and the chilli or blood or ultra purple red can be slapped on afterwards...

frozen-fire

is this lucky?
i saw on their website that they have chili red aros on sale for around that price. i haven't gone to check them out though. I find it hard to communicate with them regarding the farm in which the fish are from though.

CHILLI RED

Yes they are at Lucky Aquarium. Someone there told me the name of the farm but it wasnt one i knew and i forgot what he said. I dont know how good these are. Perhaps other people here can go check them out and report back.

DrBranDo

Try getting the name of the farm. I will check whether it's listed in my 2 Indo dragon books and what's written about it. :)
Most of the Indo farms starts with PT something.

DrBranDo

If lucky is selling them for $1250 only, either they are really bad as CR or they get it for like $400 there which is kind of weird.
Anyway let me know what's the size and quality of the fish. :)

protoxeno

Those are about 5-6" so its understanable at that price since you can't really tell how good it is unless a bit bigger. Still I like how the price is going down, hopefully the price thats gone down doesn't subjugate in correlation of quality.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Cheapest confirmed quote on SR's from Indonesia I have is $550, including the shipping. That is for size around 6 inches.

I bet there are mom and pop operations willing to go even lower, especially if the order size is right (think more than 50).

It is ridiculous to label them as Chilli or Blood until confirmed, as really there is no sure way to predict.

I agree with Protoxono that it is good to see the price coming down! :)