Is this type of filter popular in west coast?

EEYY

Over_the_Top_Filter.jpg

Source: http://www.sunnypets.ca/

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I almost bought a bunch of the plastic OHF boxes in Asia. Damn cheap at only a few bucks each. In the end I convinced myself I'd be doing a full below water sump and so didn't pick them up. I know the guys in S'pore think they are totally economical and work great.

MananaP

I almost bought a bunch of the plastic OHF boxes in Asia. Damn cheap at only a few bucks each. In the end I convinced myself I'd be doing a full below water sump and so didn't pick them up. I know the guys in S'pore think they are totally economical and work great.

I for sure would buy one Theo,i have read that trickles from those OHF is better or preffered by aro's.I had OHF on my past aro tank in asia.

kookus

Believe it or not I had one on my tank for years....... The problem is that it smells and is very noisy. I've since removed it and now deciding to use a pond filter attached to a pump.

lo sai

I think I will try a few of these filters for my aro tank

If I can source these, is anyone else interested???

carcrazy

I might be interested. I should be getting a 270g tank soon and I was going to make a cheap cinder block stand for it to save money (it's in the fish room). There probably won't be much room for an under the tank sump so the over the tank design might work for me. The tank has a footprint of 6' x 3', how many boxes would I need?

Kolewolf

I would think that this kind of filter would be easy to hide with a custom canopy. That would do away with the looks and if vented properly you could do away with any foul odour as well. Pretty interesting looking though. Might be good for my 250G 'eh Derek??

lo sai

yes it would Kole, you can stack it in the back corner and possibly make a cover for it. No one would even know its a filter