LFS can't be trusted anymore?

rulaifu

I also like smaller LFS when I buy fishes. I like the familiar service and human relations better in the small stores. But for equipment, I find that bigger stores have cheaper prices, which is natural I guess.

I think customers have to understand the fact that an LFS has to do some profits to live. Sure their prices are higher than group buys, but you have to understand that they are running a store, paying workers, electricity etc... They are also taking the chances of the fish dying, the fish getting sick or being not able to sell the fish.

It is a bit like you going to a restaurant and complaining why the food are so expensive when you can buy the ingredients and make the dish yourself at home.
You are growing as I can see. I am really happy to see what you write. Cheers!

EKen

Super Moderator
Rulaifu:
I am getting old like you that is why...Just kidding :D

Another thing I would like to add. People should remember how they developped their interest for the hobby, or the passion. They should also be conscient that without the LFS, the hobby would have never been so popular.

I sound like I am always defending LFS, but I am just tired of only reading bad things about LFS.

protoxeno

If someone has a story to tell about a LFS, I don' see why they shouldn't do it. Should we as customers just site back and let other hobbyist find out themselves? Honestly, people who is in electronics give reviews on the products, why shouldn't it be the same case for LFS and their fish? Why is it a bad thing to inform customers and future customers of things that displease customers?

I also should add I am not encouraging mainly customers only share their bad experiences but also share their good.

EKen

Super Moderator
I also should add I am not encouraging mainly customers only share their bad experiences but also share their good.

Yes and the customers should do just that. But it doesn't help when the title of the thread is:"LFS can't be trusted anymore?"

(Protoxeno and I are going to be politicians when we grow up)

protoxeno

Its how it should be as I am sharing my bad experience. I wouldn't mind if someone would start by showing a good review on LFS with a title "This LFS is pretty good"

Alx

Very good LFS

Just to take on this note "Good LFS" - Only Based on My experience
In Saskatoon:
World of Pets - has nice selection of rare species (for the middle of no-ware) and the owner takes pride in providing good care and excellent advice.
A1 Aquarium - nice store - generic in selection, but will order what you need, and proactive in helping local breeders.

In Calgary:
Golds - nice selection, friendly service, cheapest prices I've seen in this neighborhood of Canada.