Making fish salad for veggie eating fish!

kevincao

hey, so i decide to make some veggie mix for the pacu and rtc, which has tripled their size since last week and half. so i thought i'd give them meatless fridays, just so they can digest better. here we go :)

of course you can play around with the ingredients, but please note, that i did not put tomato skin, or anything that contain high vitamin C, which make the food go bad faster ;) if you want you can always chop some and put it in alone with the salad mix.

first is the ingredients. which consisits of;
the things you see on picture
and (two things that wasn't in the picture)
fish flakes that contain multivitamin + omega 3
hand full of peanuts
the peanut and fish flake will ensure your mix gets sticky with out soy flour.
1002652.jpg

after intensive chopping, here is the mix!
*i didn't put the peanut and fish flakes in yet, mix them first! because is not sticky yet, so you get a better mix!
make sure you don't chop them too tiny, big enough for your fish to chew on!
1002654p.jpg

now the flake and peanut.
peanut is hard to chop, so then you crash them! i put them in a bag and just use knife handle and crash them in to ashes, then dump it in the mixing bowl!
1002657a.jpg

*note, i put alot more flakes than that, forgot to take picture, so i put some more in just to show :p
1002658.jpg

out the mixing bowl and sticky!
1002659.jpg

use measuring spoons to make sushi!
you can either use 1 tsp or 1/2 tsp, depend on how many fish you have, and if they can consume all or not.
1002660h.jpg

i use 1/2 table spoon, because my fish are still small.
1002661d.jpg

here is the finishing product, -unfrozen yet
1002664.jpg

and the left over, i seal in the bag
1002670.jpg

after a day in the freezer
1002682n.jpg

enjoy the veggie ball!
1002684v.jpg

thanks for reading, hope this helps your veggie eaters :)

bcarlos

I do something similar for my plec's, except I bake the veggie cakes. Keeps them together longer once they're in the tank. I also add sweet potato because they are high in carotenoids. These cakes are also excellent gut loaders for your meal worms and crickets.