My New HBRTG Coming Soon

Hey guys, as you know I'm pretty new to the Asian arowana scene. It's been 2.5 months since I bought my Banjar red which has some nice red fins now, I thought about my next Asian aro and I decided to go with a RTG as everyone suggested. Then I thought, why not just buy a HBRTG? Since the price difference between them as juvies is only $50. I'll try getting pics of the juvenile HBRTG, this afternoon. I'll keep updating the thread once in a while stay tuned.

Where you grabbing HBRTG?

What else in stock and price range?

Thanks

Cam's Aquatic Services in Mississauga, he's shutting down, emptying tanks and packing all his fish up. He said he's moving Downtown to start up another store with his friend. He only has small turquoise discus, a flower horn and maybe 6 or so juvenile HBRTGs. All the nice ones were purchased and are on hold, I had to settle with a small pale looking juvie which colours are really washed out. Hope I can get his colours back once I bring him, he was very energetic at the store and even followed my back and forth across his tank, but once in a while it would just rest on the bottom of the tank and not swim. Is that normal? Cam said he's still adjusting since he was just shipped over not too long ago. Putting a hold on mine this afternoon, Cam said he would sell it to me for $400 which is pretty good compared to the $700 most other stores sell for.

Here's a short clip of the baby highback gold arowana, that I have on hold at Cam's Aquatic Services. Today is Cam's last day in Mississauga, before he moves to downtown Toronto to open his new store. Gotta make sure I show up today to grab my aro or its home forever...Anyhow, if I have time I'll get a longer video of it today. The lighting in the tank makes the aro look pink/red, but the aro its self is a light yellow-ish silver with deep yellow/orange fins. The aro is chipped and certified.

http://s1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg508/A-xander_505/?action=view&current=VIDEO0048.mp4

Last edited:
Nice lively aro. Which farm is it from?

Thanks, came from Sianlon Aquatic SND BHD. Here's a quick pic of my baby gold in the bag when I was driving him back home. The pic is not the best quality but you can sorta see the crossback trait if you look carefully. I'll try to get a better pic tomorrow when more of his colours return. I'm pretty surprised the the crossback trait is visable on him when he's only 4", with tail.

Here's the pics and a short vid, dunno why my phone didn't let me load them with the above reply. Any how, I apologize for the crap quality pics but if you look carefully you can see the cross back trait on the aro.

IMAG0373.jpg

IMAG0371.jpg

http://s1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg508/A-xander_505/?action=view&current=VIDEO0053.mp4