My so called "Late bloomer" golden XB.

FOSSILFISH

Hi Guys & Gals,

Here is an updated pic of my VIP GXB. Photo was taken under white light, no flash.
I have had him over a year and he maybe about one and half year old in age.
He feed primarily on Hikari " Gold" & Foating sticks.

All feedback negative or possitive is welcome.

Attachments

• newfgold.JPG
    newfgold.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 640

GRANDDRAGON

Hey Fossilfish is it still for sale???;) That is a great looking crossback. What is with the "Late Bloomer" could you explain? The scales on your fish is impeccable. Real nice poster fish.

EKen

Super Moderator
He is superb, colorwise and bodyshape-wise. I really like the shape of his head, for an XB. Damn you guys that feed on pellets, you got really good results, maybe I should start...

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I really like that fish.

What is the backround of the tank? That is the only thing I'd change to make the color of the fish pop out more.

FOSSILFISH

Hey Fossilfish is it still for sale???;) That is a great looking crossback. What is with the "Late Bloomer" could you explain? The scales on your fish is impeccable. Real nice poster fish.

I had posted pics of this same fish when it was around 8-9 mos old and I got that comment that it was a "Late bloomer" that's all.
I am really happy about how he has developed in a few months since his last pics and I notice slight changes in him daily.

Maybe it is the pellet food. I just find pellets is a bit more convenient and easier to feed. Maybe my frequent almost religious water changes, or maybe he's just a happy Arowana, and he repays me by displaying his own beauty. Who knows.
As for this Aro being for sale? My feelings change daily, some days yes, and some days no. But don't get me wrong, I am open to any offers.
One thing that I have noticed while shopping around for other FGXB in the past since I got him, is that I have yet to see another one like him here in the GTA.:D

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Nice looking fish! How many hours of light per day? Do you use an internal power head for current flow?

FOSSILFISH

nice goldie...is it a full gold? what is the size now??

He's just under a foot now. The cert says, "high quality full gold cross back", Its from Imperial Palace.

Menghun, Is that your fish on your avatar? It caught my eye.

Last edited:

menghun

He's just under a foot now. The cert says, "high quality full gold cross back", Its from Imperial Palace.

Menghun, Is that your fish on your avatar? It caught my eye.

bro...the fish on my avatar is not mine, it belongs to a well known arowana LFS in Malaysia called Xian Leng. It is a Golden Head cross back. I am glad that u like it...:D