Myleus sp Peru

exoticaquaria

anyone have any of these?

i wonder if their patterns will stay the same as they grow older. looks pretty fascinating!!!!

Myleus_sp.jpg

ec63c5e7.jpg

5e940e7e.jpg

bcarlos

Mike, how many do you have? I've got some room for grow-outs, would love to grab half a dozen and see them progress.

JMorash

They are just red hooks, possibly arnoldi. I bought a bunch of these back last year, grew up to be typical red hooks.

Up until recently suppliers never shipped out small ones, now they do. The small ones are striped like that. And ever since the rise in demand for striped dollars has went over the past couple years (I used to buy large thin bars for like 12 bucks each, now they are like $50-$80 each), suppliers discovered an easy way to jack up the price on common fish.

Funny enough Oliver finally got fed up with everyone saying they are finding fasciatus for $20, so he brought the real ones in for $120 or something.

Jmorash

Last edited:

exoticaquaria

i dont have any of these. was just inquiring to see if they would stay this pattern and if anyone can locate them! i came across some a few months back that were available for import but i didnt have time to bring them in. good thing i didnt since they will lose their juvi pattern! i guess stick with black bar dollars!

Wolfman

anyone have any of these?

i wonder if their patterns will stay the same as they grow older. looks pretty fascinating!!!!

ec63c5e7.jpg

5e940e7e.jpg

Thanks for posting my picture..
didnt know it will end up here.

I still have 4 of them right now...
Due to careless mistake... 4 gone..
They still have their marking but not so strong
could be due to white background colour...
once it is bigger will throw into the main tank.