PLS HELP

isjah

ok my cuz has a red with sbp, tell me if this is ok to do, we set up a 75g tank, with a new submersible filter, we put old tank water, and put the foam from the sump into the new filter, is it ok to transfer the aro right away? oh ya we put a teaspoon of marine epsom salt and air pump

EEYY

ok my cuz has a red with sbp, tell me if this is ok to do, we set up a 75g tank, with a new submersible filter, we put old tank water, and put the foam from the sump into the new filter, is it ok to transfer the aro right away? oh ya we put a teaspoon of marine epsom salt and air pump

What is "sbp"?

EEYY

swim bladder problem

Swimming downward (or head down) is very tough to cure. It will take a longer time to cure or might not be able to cure it completely.

Other than adding salt, you could try to lowering the water level to about 5 - 6 cm. Make sure the temp. and ph are okay.

Eddio

I would also recommend lowering the depth of the water. Make sure you do it gradually or it might add more stress to the fish because of the SB issue.

You don't necessary have to use old tank water. You could do 80/20 or 90/10, it might even be better for the fish as you get rid of the excess nitrate. Just make sure you're not using a new filter, because it might lack certain bacteria that converts ammonia -> nitrate. Use an old canister filter that's been running to make sure you keep ammonia / nitrite at 0.

Last edited:

isjah

thanx for all that responded, we used old tank water, with old sponge wrapped around new filter, been a day and seen very good improvement, lowered water and i think its working. btw head downward.

arl

How bad is the head down? I would say if it is just slightly down ( about 5 to 10 deg. or so) I will just leave it. I would only be concerned if it is angled at more than 25 degrees and been like that for more than a month. They say high temp, no feeding and salt helps, a lot also.

Boydo

Epsom salt at 0.1%, will purge aro and help stablize faster. Increae gradualy over the course of a few hours. In 75 gallons that would be 270 grams or 18-19 table spoons. Good luck!