Reds

T1KARMANN

as stated before im a newbie to Red aros

i have been doing some resurch and what i read was that if the cert states chilli or blood red then the red is higher grade than a aro with a cert stated just as super red

is this true

T1KARMANN

i have read if the cert states super red then their is no way of telling the parants for the red basically their were just loads of reds thrown in a pond blood and chilli

if the cert states chilli of blood red then the parants are blood red or chilli red

blood red and chilli red have diffrent traits which can be seen at a young age which is stated on the cert blood or chilli red

if the aro coms from a pond with mixed reds then the cert just states SR

Im a newbie to red and am just looking to learn

why state blood or chilli if its just SR

i think most will say just marketing but is it not true blood and chilli red have diffrent traits

T1KARMANN

i dont mind if its SR BR or CR

Just wondering if SR is just a name given to reds they dont know what they are CR or BR

by a farm stateing CR or BR are the confirming it is a pure breed

CHILLI RED

I am not sure either but Cirrus said that you cant determine if a super red is a chilli or blood red at a small size. He said its marketing to state that it is a blood or chilli.

T1KARMANN

Red newbie :D

what i am reading is

Chilli red = pure breed
BR red = pure breed
SR = a mix of both

a pure blood CR and BR both have diffrent traits like one has a much broader body than the other i has matalic scales the other are dull

if they are all grade 1 red how come i have seen red from the same farm same tag date yet 1 cert states chilli red and the other super red

one or the other must be higher grade or why are the certs diffrent

Dragonguy

Chili Red and Blood Red are both in the category of 1st grade Super Red. You just can't tell the difference when they are young. I used to get my aros from Qian Hu and one of the dealer told me that "AA" Super Red are Chili Red and "AAA" Super Red are Blood Red. However Some Super Red that are "AAA" won't get a chance to turn into a Blood Red and will just become a Chili Red. For "AA" Super Red will have no chance at all of turning into a Blood Red.

In the wild you can tell the difference between Chili Red and Blood Red easily. Chili Red have spoon head and a diamond shape tail and have some green base color. They also can be found in south area of the Lake Sentarum in Kalimantan. Blood Red have a bullet head and fan shape tail and have a darker base color. They can be found in northern area of the Lake Sentarum in Kalimantan. However you can't really tell the difference in farm breeds as many are now cross-bred with each other.

Last edited:

T1KARMANN

i have read that before :eek:

still my ? is 2 aros from the same farm 1 certed as super red 1 cert as chilli red which will be the better grade aro ?

im thinking the chilli must be a better grade or am i totally wrong hear or why would the farm no give them the same name

i know that names mean nothing but if a aro comes from the same farm with the same cert date

what makes the farm say 1 is SR and 1 is CR unless their is a diffrence

i would also say the CR would be more expencive

Dragonguy

i have read that before :eek:

still my ? is 2 aros from the same farm 1 certed as super red 1 cert as chilli red which will be the better grade aro ?

im thinking the chilli must be a better grade or am i totally wrong hear or why would the farm no give them the same name

i know that names mean nothing but if a aro comes from the same farm with the same cert date

what makes the farm say 1 is SR and 1 is CR unless their is a diffrence

i would also say the CR would be more expencive

I would take the one that is labeled with the Chili Red as they already predict that it will turn out to become a Chili Red. As for the one that is labeled Super Red, it might be a Blood Red or a Chili Red. That is why they labeled it as Super Red. They don't know what it will turn out, Chili Red or Blood Red.

T1KARMANN

i understand now :D

if you buy a aro certed BR or CR you have a higher % chance thats what it will turn out like

if certed as SR then its a gamble