RO water...Carbon chlorimine block filters and alberta water???

hustler

Ok Ive done the auto drip in the past with mixed results and I know i brought this up 2 years ago but im re doing everything and fresh ideas and opinions will be much appreciated.
I have the dual chlorine/chlorimine block filter system set up with the drip.... But i have a brand new 7 stage RO/DI unit just sitting here.....WOuld this be better?
Is there a better way to control the ammonia left after the chlorimine is removed from the water with the block filter? Doser pump ect?
I have my central sump plumbed to drain right to the sewer so Its always on overflow.
Thanks for the help guys

RDFISHGUY

I use carbon block filters and a litre meter dosing pump. I never trusted the chloramine block filters. When they get near the end of their life they could allow chloramine to pass through. Unless you are constantly testing your water you don't know what's going into your tank. A reliable dosing pump gives me the security I need. Just calculate the volume per day , figure out what amount of chloramine remover you need to dose ,and set your dosing pump to dose 1/2 the amount twice per day (you can set it to dose once per day if your pump is on a timer. Prime will continue to work for at least 24 hrs).
This may not be the best but it works for me.Every set up is different and everybody has an opinion.
Don't cheap out on the dosing pump. I've had several fail. Bret swears by the parastaltic pumps but after 2 of them failing on me I gave them up. I tried the cheapo Tom's pump and it worked for awhile before it too failed (these are cheap enough that you can keep several on hand). So far the liter meter has been the most reliable but it comes with a large price tag. Good luck.