Scales funny

laz_dvl

Just looked at my BBXB as usual, and I notice that 3 scales on of his head are kinda curled up, was wondering what could be the cause of this????

Calling all experts, gonna do a WC tonight, if it helps

Yuppa

Super Moderator
top of its head? it probably just injure itself jumping or something, ive seen that happen before with my aro

EKen

Super Moderator
Curled up...Does it look like they are not well attached to the body? Might be droopy scales. I have read that a too low pH could cause this. Water change would be a good idea, and the usual treatment (raising temperature and adding salt) might be helpful. Good luck and keep us posted.

rulaifu

Curled up...Does it look like they are not well attached to the body? Might be droopy scales. I have read that a too low pH could cause this. Water change would be a good idea, and the usual treatment (raising temperature and adding salt) might be helpful. Good luck and keep us posted.

You did improve a lot. I might learn from you in one year if you still keep on searching and studying the aro. information.

EKen

Super Moderator
Well...You know I have way too much time on my hands at the office. But it's gonna change soon. Plus I don't want his fish to get anything bad, as I want to know how a Panda BBXB grows out to be.

rulaifu

Well...You know I have way too much time on my hands at the office. But it's gonna change soon. Plus I don't want his fish to get anything bad, as I want to know how a Panda BBXB grows out to be.
You know recently I post less. And I don't even go online during working hours. Like you, I have way too much things to handle and get them solved. I really want to have at least 2 more people like you being my assistant -- smart and intelligent. LOL

EKen

Super Moderator
You know recently I post less. And I don't even go online during working hours. Like you, I have way too much things to handle and get them solved. I really want to have at least 2 more people like you being my assistant -- smart and intelligent. LOL

LOL...Sorry I already accepted another offer. But maybe if you pay me with arowanas instead of money I might consider.

rulaifu

LOL...Sorry I already accepted another offer. But maybe if you pay me with arowanas instead of money I might consider.

Congratulations!!! I think you should be very excited. Stepping back making your new job more fun will make you own more arowanas.
I think we are off the topic now. I would stop at this point and don't go further.

Yuppa

Super Moderator
dont worry about dropsy.

that will affect body scales.

if its top of head, im sure its from jumping.

if you see it spread to more scales, then you have something to worry about

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Congratulations!!! I think you should be very excited. Stepping back making your new job more fun will make you own more arowanas.
I think we are off the topic now. I would stop at this point and don't go further.

Yes, please lets be careful not to hijack threads as it makes for awkward reading.

laz_dvl

It's been a week and it's only the top scales that are curled up a little. They look curled up none of the scales seem affected:confused:

xbackgolden

Just looked at my BBXB as usual, and I notice that 3 scales on of his head are kinda curled up, was wondering what could be the cause of this????

Calling all experts, gonna do a WC tonight, if it helps

Can you show us a picture. It could be a disease called droopsy.

Boydo

Could also be Chip scale, but will need a picture to tell. Chip scale - the edge of the scales start to get lifted or double rimmed - the cause is poor water conditions.