Spray Bar

CHILLI RED

I have my water returning from my canister filters coming back into the tank through a spray bar. Is it necessary to have the water spraying at the water surface? I was thinking of having it come out under the water to be more quiet.

EKen

Super Moderator
I have always put them under the water surface. I find it way too noisy when the outlet is out of the water. I believe having the outlet out of the water helps oxygenate, but if you already have a good air pump, I assume it would be fine.

Marius

I have always put them under the water surface. I find it way too noisy when the outlet is out of the water. I believe having the outlet out of the water helps oxygenate, but if you already have a good air pump, I assume it would be fine.

Out or under the water as long as it agitates the surface it's pretty much the same. Surface agitation means more O2 exchange. I have my FX5s output directed towards the surface as well.

CHILLI RED

Ok I am going to try it your way. Too damn noisy now. So just make sure the water flow is pointing towards the top? Thanks!

T1KARMANN

I find that if its below the water you don't notice any reduction in flow until its to late and you water is already bad by the time you sort it out