Water

Dragonguy

Same here I just let it sit for a few days. I just don't trust the water from the tap when I put them directly.

frozen-fire

I change about 100 gallons of water a week from all the tanks I have combined. There is no way I can store that amount of water in buckets/containers, so I also treat water straight from the tap as it goes into the tanks. If there was a more effective way to age water, I would do it. I also got tanks pretty much on each level of the house, so it's not feasible to lug around 5 gallon buckets up and down stairs.

For you guys who age water and have 180 gallon plus tanks, how do you store the water? I'm assuming you have big drums located within reason of the tank?

carcrazy

I change 400g combined on my tanks each week. Storage would be a little much, so I use straight from the tap with prime. No problems so far. And using a python is way easier than carrying 160 five gallon pails of water each week like I used to (ouch).

MananaP

400g a week that would be a pain in the back hahaha... but you gotta do what you gotta do for the love of the hobby right? :)

carcrazy

Yup, it really was a pain as it was 100 feet from the tank to the bathroom to empty out the pails. It is much easier now with the python but it wastes a lot of water. Now that its summer, I just run a hose out the front door onto the front lawn to siphon out water changes. My lawn is growing like crazy! I still use the python to fill the tanks.

EEYY

For water conditioner, what kind are you guys in use?

Prime by Seachem OR something like AquaPet Plus (the blue one)??

carcrazy

I use Safe by SeaChem (same as prime), a concentrated powder. I bought a 4 kg pail of it that'll probably last me a lifetime. Seems to work well though.