Went window shopping in Bangkok today...

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Bleah, so much for photobucket, too hard for me to figure out when in a big hurry. I just tried to fix link, see if it works.

If not, I'll direct load later today...

Last edited:

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Yup, the link works now.

Today was an intense day. I went with my family to the weekend market. The kids went nuts on souvenirs for something like 5 hours. Boring as hell, but I had been promising them for months that when we got to the weekend market in Bangkok they could let loose. So, fair enough.

I was able to pop into the aquarium section of the market again. Saw lots of cool stuff. I will be back there tomorrow or next day on my own for a day. That way I can begin to get serious about making my connections for purchasing.

One VERY dissapointing thing - almost no datnoids seen today! Only a few Indodats! That is just so depressing. Could this mean that the rumours are true and the "True" Siamese Tiger Fish (wide bar) is close to extinction if not already extinct? I sure hope not, but am left feeling uneasy after today. After all, the Thais sell EVERYTHING for a price, meaning if there are no ST's for sale, it may mean that there are no ST's left to be sold. From what I understand the 12 dams that have been built along the Mekong, along with the heavy industrialization around the mouth of the river have led to a collapse of the fishery.

On a happier note, there are lots and lots of fascinating fish available. The Red Texas hybrids are F2 (so they told me). They seem really really unwilling to sell small juvenile fish, for obvious reasons I guess. The longer they can restrict the supply, the longer the prices stay high. That beautiful Red Texas in the photos I posted was sold today for equivelant of $1,000 C.

I'll post more in a few days once I have done more research and visiting shops in the city.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Fantastic shots

I love the cheap sumps. Gives me great Ideas
Imagine being able to go to an LFS and picking thru piles of driftwood like that. Awesome

Thanks for the shots :)

Last edited: