Cold or warm water for drip?

skynoch

also I add slightly over the recommended dose of Seachem Prime and salt...and one a month I add some stability. Always add stability and or Stress Coat when adding new fish...

Do you add salt for all our waterchanges? Why do you add stability once a month?

chen88

Super Moderator
Salt once per month just like stability. Why? Noreal reason as I just think once in a which adding some bb with stability is good..... Sorry, that's as good a reason I have :).

skynoch

lol, I was wondering if there was some new caretaking I was missing out on that some mad scientist had devised.

hustler

What ratio of salt do you use for rays and aros? And how are you going to keep it with the drip system?

skynoch

For rays there is no need to keep a constant level of salt in a tank and may be harmful to a ray over a long period of time as for aros I have no clue.
As for adding salt into a system with a drip you would have to have a barrel of brine solution with a known concentration made and a small pump that pumps out of the barrel with a timer if a proper monitor couldn't be found and set the time interval to the amount of your drip volume per day. A little math and the timers should work. There is a little more to it but not alot.

RDFISHGUY

I used the same pipe clamp as you. It allows enough flow to do auto change to my 230 and 360 gallon tanks. I change 30 and 50 gallons respectively. At 1/7 per day you get 100% weekly. At this rate I found that even if my dosing pump shuts down I can go 10 days with no harmful effects. Freshwater goes through 4 sediment filters only. No carbon block. I'd like to try and drip without dosing and see what happens but not with my current stock. Not sure why you'd use salt? Here is a picture of mine with all the components labeled. Its not the neatest set-up but it works. I am going to add a bio tower and a Kaldnes section to the sump on the right.
IMG_2913-1.jpg

AroNoob

I am running a hot and cold line to my drip through a mixing valve so I can control the temp going in with the turn of a dial.