feeding garlic to superworms?

Marowana420

ever since i started and stopped feeding crickets and earthworms to my aro, my 18" red has only been eating only about 15 SW or a 1-2 MP every 3 days.

my fish is not as fat as i want it to be. i read so much about dipping food in garlic, so i'm wondering if feeding my SW with garlic will increase my aro's appeite? any other tricks to increase her appeite?

oshiet

What's your tank temperature? Increasing the temp above 28C(82F) will speed up its metabolism and might make the aro want to eat more.

Also try gut loading SW and stuff MP with some pellets.

bcarlos

I gut load my SW with all kinds of stuff-- sweet potato, carrots, high quality fish flake. 15 SW in 3 days is not bad though.

If you want to fatten him up, I stand by a clean source of frogs. I'll bring you a couple from my stash to try out when we meet up in May.

Marowana420

my temp is at 29C, i feed my SW NLS grow and Hikari sticks already, and when i stuff even the smallest piece of pellet in the MP, it chews it till the pellet falls out before she swallows.

my fish used to eat 15 SW inthe morning and another 15 at night everyday. i really think i screwed it up from starving it, trying to get it to accept other foods.

and thanks B for sharing your stash!!! btw, do we have have enough for a box of frogs yet?

so if raw garlic wont be toxic to my aro, i'm going to give it a try.

bcarlos

We would need an order of 1000 to get to a full box. I haven't heard a confirmation from anyone else in the GTA who's interested. You'd need a pretty big collection to go through that many frogs!

hondas3000

my temp is at 29C, i feed my SW NLS grow and Hikari sticks already, and when i stuff even the smallest piece of pellet in the MP, it chews it till the pellet falls out before she swallows.

my fish used to eat 15 SW inthe morning and another 15 at night everyday. i really think i screwed it up from starving it, trying to get it to accept other foods.

and thanks B for sharing your stash!!! btw, do we have have enough for a box of frogs yet?

so if raw garlic wont be toxic to my aro, i'm going to give it a try.

There is no harm to stuff raw garlic to SW and feed the aro, I use to cut garlic small enough to stuff in the sw and I also pump vitamin in SW as well. All my aro eating fine and they do seem to improve appetite while garlic still in its body but I got too lazy to stuff them now.

mmdht2

We would need an order of 1000 to get to a full box. I haven't heard a confirmation from anyone else in the GTA who's interested. You'd need a pretty big collection to go through that many frogs!

how do you keep the frogs alive? keep them in a separate tank? how big for a couple hundred frogs? what to feed? i would take 100 in july if i can get my tank ready and find some aro. i know,,, i'm still in the planing /dreaming stage.

oh, what's the garlic for? boost appetite? never heard of it before