tiny asian arowana

bob351

i was there the Saturday day to pick up my larger rtg and they had a bunch of greens about 3-4" and about the same number of rtg at that size for 400 they all seemed to have nice colours and there good guys to deal with mine is chipped and has certed but its alot bigger

GRANDDRAGON

Are you gonna post pics like the last time, I don't feel like driving down there to just take a look... :)

Ask and you shall recieve. I will be taking pics of them the next time I go by. I was rushing to get there when they got in the fish and I forgot my camera at home. The pics will be posted sometime this week.:D

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
This is great news all round I think! With prices coming down, more people can get into the hobby who want to, but till now have not been able to afford it.

I can not wait to see what kind of prices I can source on the ground in S'pore/Malaysia/Indonesia!

Less than a week and I am down there! :)

protoxeno

Oh cool I am loving the new prices coming from the Reds, since they are small I think most will wait til it gets bigger to tell. But then again the prices may go up as the reds get bigger and show more potential. I didn't know LFS allow people to take pictures of their fishes. Can't wait to see prices on xbacks go down.

Also can't wait for Cirrus to be down at SEAsia.

GRANDDRAGON

Oh cool I am loving the new prices coming from the Reds, since they are small I think most will wait til it gets bigger to tell. But then again the prices may go up as the reds get bigger and show more potential. I didn't know LFS allow people to take pictures of their fishes. Can't wait to see prices on xbacks go down.

Also can't wait for Cirrus to be down at SEAsia.

I took pictures of there last shipment from Imperial Palace. I asked if I could take some of the new shipment and they agreed. So I will be posting pics of the new shipment very soon.:)

Dragonguy

How can they match the cert to the serial number of the chip if the rtgs and the greens are in comm tank? Do they have the scanner? If the aros are selected randomly and the cert are also selected randomly without matching the cert to the serial number of the chip, my guest is the cert is fake and the aros probably doesn't have a chip implanted.

GRANDDRAGON

How can they match the cert to the serial number of the chip if the rtgs and the greens are in comm tank? Do they have the scanner? If the aros are selected randomly and the cert are also selected randomly without matching the cert to the serial number of the chip, my guest is the cert is fake and the aros probably doesn't have a chip implanted.

The RTGS are in one comm tank and the Greens are in another comm tank. When someone purchases or picks a fish they seperate the fish then scan the fish with a scanner for the pit tag number and then they look for the cert from that specific farm.Do you have an Aro??? If so when you purchased your Aro how did you know that your Aro was legit or not??? I have purchased 4 Aros almost within a year and the first and second fish that I purchased were not scanned in front of me but were already seperated in single tanks. The last 2 I had purchased were scanned in front of me so I know the pit tag matches my certs. I then barrowed a scanner so that I could read my other fish pit tags form my first and second purchase and they also match the certs that came with them.
Hopefully this answers all your questions.:D

bob351

didn't see any small x-backs not sure if they had bigger ones they had two large rtg's a few super reds nice quality a few v.i.p reds and a short bodie rtg and another short bodie not sure what but not rtg these are all in the 12"+ sizes

EKen

Super Moderator

Cmon now, don't be so negative. This is exciting, maybe Cirrus is going to report even better prices. Then LFS are going to drop even lower their prices. Then I can convince my girlfriend to let me keep a comm. tank. :D

Dragonguy

The RTGS are in one comm tank and the Greens are in another comm tank. When someone purchases or picks a fish they seperate the fish then scan the fish with a scanner for the pit tag number and then they look for the cert from that specific farm.Do you have an Aro??? If so when you purchased your Aro how did you know that your Aro was legit or not??? I have purchased 4 Aros almost within a year and the first and second fish that I purchased were not scanned in front of me but were already seperated in single tanks. The last 2 I had purchased were scanned in front of me so I know the pit tag matches my certs. I then barrowed a scanner so that I could read my other fish pit tags form my first and second purchase and they also match the certs that came with them.
Hopefully this answers all your questions.:D

Thanks for answering. I thought they were randomly selected. Sorry about that.

Dragonguy

Cmon now, don't be so negative. This is exciting, maybe Cirrus is going to report even better prices. Then LFS are going to drop even lower their prices. Then I can convince my girlfriend to let me keep a comm. tank. :D

Reason why I kept saying the "fake cert", it's because so many people are catching wild aros without CITES approval. Then they illegally import them in different parts of the world.

If the price really drops down then its good.

endi

if its illegally imported then the price would probably be half what its sellin now

protoxeno

I think if LFS can get them illegally for half the price they prob still sell at current prices or a bit higher for greater profit.

GRANDDRAGON

Thanks for answering. I thought they were randomly selected. Sorry about that.

Hey no problem honest mistake. You were probably thinking of the group buys. Correct me if I am wrong but when there is a group order done the certs are randomly selected and then they give you the fish that matches the cert.:D