2 female pups

glamit

At least it happened before my vacation. Now im hoping my friend can get them eating. They came out pretty big maybe 4 inches they are in an nls bucket

Attachments

• henxleo.jpg
    henxleo.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 488
  • henxleo0.jpg
    henxleo0.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 483
  • henxleo1.jpg
    henxleo1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 482
  • henxleo2.jpg
    henxleo2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 467
  • henxleo3.jpg
    henxleo3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 455
  • henxleo4.jpg
    henxleo4.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 492
  • henxleo5.jpg
    henxleo5.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 484

chen88

Super Moderator
good news glen...now you can go on your vacation and not worry if she gives birth while you are away!

glamit

thanks guys i was hoping for the pups to be pure leos but my favorite hybrid conveniently happens to be hen x leo. Might end up keeping one of them.

glamit

parents im guessing are around 4 years the female i would say is 24"?? these were Scotts rays so maybe he can chime in?

skynoch

The leos I think are around 3 years and the henlie male and pearl are around 4 years. I'm getting old because I can`t remember for sure. They look great and congrats. I may have to look at buying one if you sell.

glamit

well my friend just called me he said he came over today and found a still born still stuck in the mother and the mother is looking stressed and not eating. Do you guys know how long till mom starts to act normal again and is it often that she would give birth then 2 days later give birth again? and Scott i was going to sell all the pups but i might keep one myself now so yah i will be selling one of them

tman

Super Moderator
Congrats! Can help you on the still birth as I haven't had one yet. Might cause a problem if it doesn't come out. How does he know it's still inside?

exoticaquaria

well my friend just called me he said he came over today and found a still born still stuck in the mother and the mother is looking stressed and not eating. Do you guys know how long till mom starts to act normal again and is it often that she would give birth then 2 days later give birth again? and Scott i was going to sell all the pups but i might keep one myself now so yah i will be selling one of them

i hope she delivers that still birth. once that is done, give the mom 3-4 days until she will start to act normal again. eating will be slow for the first week due to stress of giving birth but should be normal again soon after. thats what i noticed with my female when she gave birth earlier on this year.

glamit

Congrats! Can help you on the still birth as I haven't had one yet. Might cause a problem if it doesn't come out. How does he know it's still inside?

he saw 3/4 of the body dangling and when the pup came out her stomach was squished. he is going to email me a photo then ill post it up for you guys to check it out

glamit

i hope she delivers that still birth. once that is done, give the mom 3-4 days until she will start to act normal again. eating will be slow for the first week due to stress of giving birth but should be normal again soon after. thats what i noticed with my female when she gave birth earlier on this year.

thanks mike will do. ill post a picture of the stillborn as soon as my buddy emails me

exoticaquaria

thats great news that she finally let the still born go. now you can relax during your vaca lol. im sure it was just a matter of time. she was probably very stressed out and had little energy after delivering the other 2 so she waited and took her time. she should be eating again in a few days. congrats!

glamit

thats great news that she finally let the still born go. now you can relax during your vaca lol. im sure it was just a matter of time. she was probably very stressed out and had little energy after delivering the other 2 so she waited and took her time. she should be eating again in a few days. congrats!

thanks mike, now i can actually look forward to taking the wife and kid to disneyland, peoples choice awards and the ducks game. Weird how i was more looking forward to the pups then the vacay lol

exoticaquaria

thanks mike, now i can actually look forward to taking the wife and kid to disneyland, peoples choice awards and the ducks game. Weird how i was more looking forward to the pups then the vacay lol

i was on the same boat last yr! was in asia for almost 7 weeks. all i could think of is my prego ray at home lol. she gave birth 1 week after i got back. she was overdue for a month! i guess she wanted to wait for my return lol