1200 Gallon from BC :)

hondas3000

I delay one day till Monday for Victoria days for my tank as well.

It's [email protected] pm first drop of water in, just cold water only so now let see how long it takes to fill up. I will be sleeping next to the tank tonight just to watch for leaks :)
inslicence164.jpg

1HR fill
inslicence165.jpg

3HR
Picture437-1.jpg

Full Tank is 4 hours long
Picture438.jpg

Picture441.jpg

hondas3000

Water is freezing. So far so good, no sign of leak yet. Now is a waiting game. Let it sit with full tank for a week and I will setup sump and test run with back up pump.

swimming pool pump, this suck so much power so I only use it for back up only.
Picture440.jpg

Custom made inline heater 1500W.
Picture439.jpg

Adz1

can not wait to see some crazzy monsters in this BAD BOY!!!!!!
will need to have a chat with you before i start my build in the future.

hondas3000

can not wait to see some crazzy monsters in this BAD BOY!!!!!!
will need to have a chat with you before i start my build in the future.

I can't wait myself for it too as I been stocking up for this tank and my old one is over crowded.

As for tank build, you can contact me anytime as I want to see more big tank build. So far everything holding up good. The glue really make this build solid.

hondas3000

So here is some update. Some fish is moving over but the expensive one will wait till this Saturday and I will shut down my told one. I haven't see my fish side way for almost 2 years and boy they sure surprise me in size. Its a lot bigger in person.
Picture006-4.jpg

Picture005-4.jpg

Picture005-4.jpg

Picture007-4.jpg

Rino

Amazing Honda!!! I must be a sight to see in person!!! Just inception your wife into thinking its only 30 gallon tank :)

hondas3000

Amazing Honda!!! I must be a sight to see in person!!! Just inception your wife into thinking its only 30 gallon tank :)

Hheheheh I did, but it doesn't work so what I did is I told her its messy in the garage so she doesn't want to come down and she will ask less about new fish. But Everytime she sees the tank there is always new fish and I can't help it as there is so many nice fish out there.

skynoch

Very nice, you will actually be finding filtration will become an obsession now with a big tank like that. Lots to choose from now!

hondas3000

Very nice, you will actually be finding filtration will become an obsession now with a big tank like that. Lots to choose from now!

I know what you mean as I already look more into filter now. There is never be a filter good enough but then I want to get clean water as possible and giving enough water current as well. Already look into a Hiflow monster air pump and it will help with bacteria in sump, did I mention I use k1 media as well :). Still have lots to learn from you Scott. So let spill out some.

skynoch

lol, not sure I have alot to teach. Money has allways been the one thing keeping me from my ultimate filter system. I started out with what I needed when I first started my big tank and have been slowly adding things once the rays have gotten bigger but I wishI would have bucked up the money at the start and got a rolling drum filter. If Mike would stop bringing in fish that I have on my want list I may be able to get this filter someday. Make sure you order in a spare diaphram kit for your hiflow airpump. I'm pretty much maxing out an ap100 for mine and when mine went I could not get another diaphram kit out soon enough so I had to pick up another ap-100. Oh well have lots of air power now. I'm also using the k1 media and the biochips in my reactor and love the simplicity of it just not happy enough with my mechanical at the moment. I could up my horsepower for a bigger pump on my sandfilter to get the filtering finer but the cost increase would be better off saving for a rolling drum filter then I only need a low head pump and can save on money. Sooo many options to look at when getting equipment. It's also cheaper for us to drip hot water than use electricity to heat out tanks in Alberta so now I'm looking at running my cold portion of a drip through a water/air heat exchanger on my furnace for air conditioning and that will also preheat the water to the tank.