Okay, BANGKOK EXPRESS taking on passengers! :)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Hmm, some good and and not so good news. The good news is that healthy thin bar dats are available in good quantity and quality and are reasonably priced. And it is legal to export them. Some of them look really really nice and seem to be quite stable.

The bad news is that air carriers WILL NOT allow me to bring a box of fish home as checked luggage. They all insist that it has to go as cargo. This is annoying as hell, not to mention that it adds several hundred dollars to any shipment I make.

Finally, the news about the wide bars is that there are none available to export. The Thais are just too scared to export them since their king himself told them not to and penalties are severe.

I am drawing up a list of fish I am going to import that includes the following

P. endlicheri
Datnoides sp.
Cichla temensis
A few nice flower horn
P.niger

I can not tell you just yet what the prices will be that I can offer these fish at until I get the final breakdown on shipping costs.

jackson

Hmm, some good and and not so good news. The good news is that healthy thin bar dats are available in good quantity and quality and are reasonably priced. And it is legal to export them. Some of them look really really nice and seem to be quite stable.

The bad news is that air carriers WILL NOT allow me to bring a box of fish home as checked luggage. They all insist that it has to go as cargo. This is annoying as hell, not to mention that it adds several hundred dollars to any shipment I make.

Finally, the news about the wide bars is that there are none available to export. The Thais are just too scared to export them since their king himself told them not to and penalties are severe.

I am drawing up a list of fish I am going to import that includes the following

P. endlicheri
Datnoides sp.
Cichla temensis
A few nice flower horn
P.niger

I can not tell you just yet what the prices will be that I can offer these fish at until I get the final breakdown on shipping costs.

What are these Datnoides sp? Are the Indos or NTT?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
What are these Datnoides sp? Are the Indos or NTT?

Datniodes undecimradiatus are what I can easily get, various sizes.

I am sure I saw a juvenile pulcher yesterday at an out of the way stall...but today it was gone. :(

$500 is the going rate for the big guys ST pulchers here (12-13 inches). Plus shipping. Given how poorly the big ones ship (or so I have been told) I am afraid to purchase one.

The endis are pretty small here at about 6 inches.

EKen

Super Moderator
I did not believe that big STs were that hard to ship either. Until yesterday, I picked up one from the States and drove back to Montreal. When I was finally home, the 10'' ST spiked through all 3 heavy duty plastic bags. The styrofoam box saved the day...

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Congratulations on the purchase! Strange to think I would probably have a better chance finding what I am looking for close to home in Canada than in the original home of the ST... :rolleyes:

EKen

Super Moderator
Very true, and weird. Seems like all the STs are now somewhere in SoCal...

What are the approx. price for a 7-8'' NTT, shipping and everything included?

Yuppa

Super Moderator
yeah theo if you can bring a 6 -> 8" tiger for me, that would be awesome!

my current tiger is not stable and is bothering grandpa i want to sell it.. too bad cause its 10" or so AND widebar.. prolly meant for someone else's tank

EKen

Super Moderator
Well, most of the hobbyists right now call every D. Pulcher ST, they don't really use the term CT anymore.

jackson

No, by our standards it would be a Cambodian Tiger. But I am still pretty happy to get any Pulchers that I can get.

If it came from SoCal it is most likely not a CT and is an ST. Plus CT is bull$hit and is a made up name. if it is a D.Pulcher thatis all that counts :)

Post some pic's

Yuppa

Super Moderator
what we call a CT looks like a ST but has a different golden tone and the stripes are very "fuzzy" compared to the clean stripe of a ST

EKen

Super Moderator
What I refer to as CT is Cambodian Tiger. Personally, I like to ID them with their tail pattern, even though it is not that effective. CT, by my standards, are the ones that the last bodystripe bleeds into the tail stripes. So I guess all my Pulchers are CT.

But ST or CT, I don't really mind. As long as they are Pulchers...

Yuppa

Super Moderator
oh my mistake, i see what everyone was calling CT a few years ago are now being called NGT

Dragonguy

CT can also be called as Controversial Tiger. Not to be confused with Cambodian Tigers are known as D. Pulcher. To get more good info abou St. http://forums.waterwolves.com/index.php?showtopic=123927
tiger.jpg

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Set up a new thread Mike, you are trespassing here! lol :D

Seriously though Mike, good luck with the import!