A few pics from my aro tank.....

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Panda blue-based RTG and tank mates...He's about 17" now...

endli4.jpg

The nest two pics were taken during a water change.

aug15aro4.jpg

aug15aro2.jpg

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Thanks! He's just over 2. He is undersized. The lfs owner only fed him 3 times a week and only superworms. He's put on about 4 inches in the 4-5 months I've had him.

The big endli is now about 15". There's a smaller one in the tank but it's the same bichir you see in all these pics. The first pic is from about 2 months ago. He's grown quite a bit. Loves the market shrimp. :)

EKen

Super Moderator
Warning

This is the last warning.

That kind of quality pictures are not permitted around here. Please remove them asap, and send me that DLSR or yours right away :D

But seriously, I hate you...

EKen

Super Moderator
Oh dude, now you done dit it. Imma ban you... :D

It pisses me so much that I am envying a guy with an RTG when I have 2 Reds... :(

Freaking love the last picture. :)

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Get yourself a decent dslr, do some research and you'll be posting the same stuff in no time. Or not, lol.

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Yeah, he likes to strut. Camera or no camera, lol.

My advantage is in using overhead flash. Almost all fish behave as though it isn't there, unlike flash from the front that makes fish very jumpy very quickly, most likely because it blinds them.

Other than that, I find aros to be much more interactive than I thought they would be.

King-eL

Yeah, he likes to strut. Camera or no camera, lol.

My advantage is in using overhead flash. Almost all fish behave as though it isn't there, unlike flash from the front that makes fish very jumpy very quickly, most likely because it blinds them.

Other than that, I find aros to be much more interactive than I thought they would be.

Dude give some tips. I currently have Canon Rebel XTi but I'm a newb on taking pics and they still look like crap. Stephen know about that too. hehehe

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Thanks, guys!

Tim, the plants are gone from that tank now. Transfered them to a new planted 120. The bichirs would not let the plants root, the silly buggers.

As for photos, I shoot with a Nikon D300.

For aquatic photography, the secret is in using a flash from above the tank. With a fish the size of an aro, I use 2 flashes. Camera in full manual mode, shutter speed around 1/160, aperture in the area between F11-F20 and ISO at 200.

King-eL

Thanks, guys!

Tim, the plants are gone from that tank now. Transfered them to a new planted 120. The bichirs would not let the plants root, the silly buggers.

As for photos, I shoot with a Nikon D300.

For aquatic photography, the secret is in using a flash from above the tank. With a fish the size of an aro, I use 2 flashes. Camera in full manual mode, shutter speed around 1/160, aperture in the area between F11-F20 and ISO at 200.

I might switch to Nikon D300.