315 Community Tank Update!

exoticaquaria

Just an update of my 315 tank. Gone with the rays and instead, I added x3 17-18 inch taiwanese mashers, spinibarbus hollandi! ive been wanting these masheers for quite some time! i saw these during my trip to taiwan and loved how active they were. aquamonsters of taiwan sent out a fisherman and got these wild caught and sent to vancouver. they took an entire 60 litre box each! these guys will have to do for my big tank until i have more time for rays again. enjoy!

DSC_5759.JPG

DSC_5762.JPG

DSC_5746.JPG

DSC_5750.JPG

Last edited:

tman

Super Moderator
Wicked! Makes your ST look even bigger. I never seen fish shipped that big before. That had to cost a pretty penny to ship.

Last edited:

exoticaquaria

Wicked! Makes your ST look even bigger. I never seen fish shipped that big before. That had to cost a pretty penny to ship.

Thx Trev. Yea they weren't cheap to ship but had to be done! st is actually the same length but hes a lot taller.

Sorry for the Chinese drama playing in the background lol.

exoticaquaria

wow the mashers look cool shoaling! what kind of temperature do they like?

masheers typically like cooler temperature but are able to handle up to the 80s and a bit above. the temp in taiwan fluctuates from very hot in the summer time to cooler weather in the winter. they make great tank mates. something different than the usual aro tank mates.