Here's some pics of my earlier setup. 7 RTGs and 6 discus

p7My_Pictures00103.jpg

NUMy_Pictures00104.jpg

My_Pictures0054.jpg

[
My_Pictures0005.jpg

DAtes on the pics are out. these pics were taken earlier this year

arl

Here's my recently finished plywood fishtank. Not really finished ........ but running. Pics are taken a few hrs. after dumping them all in there.

Picture_006.jpg

Picture_030.jpg

arl

I am renovating my basement and still got a long way to go so I haven't done any finishing yet. Hopefully within the nest 6 months it will be done. I have a thread at MFK on this fish tank build. Here's the link:
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85132

I will be opening a thread in the filtration section to show my Undergravel-Overflow-Input with jet-return-push Flushing system, which I believe is the way to go for fish tanks with arowanas and discus, if you're tired of looking at bare bottom tanks and don't want to do massive WC and lazy to vacuum/clean your fish tank.

frozen-fire

i have followed your build process on MFK since the beginning. all i can say is damn great job man. amazing setup.

Max Power

That is truly an amazing tank. People either think that discus or arowanas are the kings of FW tanks... there's no doubt that you're tank is full of royalty!

rulaifu

I see more and more nice tank set up coming. Another nice comm. tank. Plus you are a handy man with lots of knowledges.

arl

Thanks a lot guys!! Took me almost 6 months to finish my fish tank, I only work on them on weekends and sometimes not even. If it were just a fishtank and stand with out the background and my filtration system I would have been done in maybe 8 weekends. The background and filter system took the bulk of the "build". This fish tank cost me about $3,500 including everything - pumps, heaters, walls around it......... The only expensive part of this fish tank is the front glass $500. The rest are cheap but they all add up preety quick. TAnk dimension is 8'L 4'W 3'H (outside dimensions).

EKen

Super Moderator
Arl:
The "home made" tank look very impressive. I am sure it is going to look marvelous once you finish it. Keep us posted with some pictures when you are done with it.

DrBranDo

Right on Max Power. It is definitely a castle with lots of royalties. :)

Thanks for sharing arl. Just wowwwwwwwwww

That is truly an amazing tank. People either think that discus or arowanas are the kings of FW tanks... there's no doubt that you're tank is full of royalty!

arl

Yeah its pressure treated 4X4 and 4X6 on 4 corners with "X" beams and sandwitched with 1/2 plywood.