700 gallon Aro-Discus Tank

arl

Finally managed to buy an $80 camera. just playing around with it. Haven't done any video posting yet so just giving it a try.

Marowana420

I am renovating my basement and still got a long way to go so I haven't done any finishing yet. Hopefully within the nest 6 months it will be done. I have a thread at MFK on this fish tank build. Here's the link:
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85132

I will be opening a thread in the filtration section to show my Undergravel-Overflow-Input with jet-return-push Flushing system, which I believe is the way to go for fish tanks with arowanas and discus, if you're tired of looking at bare bottom tanks and don't want to do massive WC and lazy to vacuum/clean your fish tank.

where can i find out more on
Undergravel-Overflow-Input with jet-return-push Flushing system?

arl

where can i find out more on
Undergravel-Overflow-Input with jet-return-push Flushing system?

I described it in my build at mfk probably in the 5th or so page and I'm probably the only one using this concept. No one that I know of followed or improved my design. Picture out an under gravel filter, but instead or bubles to lift the water from the bottom of the undergravel it will be the input of your overflow (in the undergravel) and it goes to your sump. The return from your sump will be piped all the way to the bottom of your tank opposite your overflow intake(below the undergravel). So the water return is pushing the dirt that settles in the bottom of tank towards the overflow intake. The gravel on top the must be bigger rocks, loose and only one layer so that dirt can easily pass through. my return passes through a manifold with valves that I can open and close. So I can put all my return on top, bottom or combination of them. But ofcourse I can hide all my pipes and everything cause I have a 3D rock background. I guess that's the beauty of a DIY tank you can design it to your specific need. nOt to mention it is a LOT cheaper fun to build and very accomplishing.

DaiDee

Oh crazy...I remember that thread on mfk a long time ago. Didn't even clue into your name. Nice job man!