A few pics of my 550 gallon comm tank...

protoxeno

Now that is my dream tank, those are some nice aros. 10 aro commm WOW, what are you using for filteration?

EKen

Super Moderator
Wow...That tank leaves me speechless. Plus it looks so peaceful.

It's official, Boydo you are now one of my idol...Along with Rulaifu.

ninjaturtle

wow.. that is impressive... gotta love the fat green in the last pic. wat dimensions ur tank? how do you feed them n how do they get their fair share? costs for food? etc.. etc..!?!? i wana hear all bout it lol

Boydo

Thanks for the comments....I'm glad you guys the pics.

ninjaturtle wow.. that is impressive... gotta love the fat green in the last pic. wat dimensions ur tank? how do you feed them n how do they get their fair share? costs for food? etc.. etc..!?!? i wana hear all bout it lol

The tank is 105 L x 32 W x 40 D, They get fed 2 night then a day off normally a sandwitch bag or two of food. They get prawns, trout, salmon, catfish, tuna, pike, walleye, anything thats a good deal at the seafood shop. Food runs around 60-100 per month, power at 150 per month. I have a massive filtration system on the tank that a whole nother story, I 'll take some pics and explain. The tank is also on a automated water changing system that changes about 100 gallons a day. Water quality is stable at Ph 7.2, A= 0, Nitrites = 0, Nitrates - < 20-30. I have to run for know but will explain more soon, I will tell you that feeding time gets very wet - rain gear optional.

Thanks Again,

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
FANTASTIC! Proud to know such collections are found in Canada!

I think a lot of members will be interested to hear how you put this all together.

Where did you source the fish?
Were they all added together?
Where did you get the tank?
What kind of filtration system do you have?
Is there anything you want to change?
What are your plans with the set-up going forward?

On and on, the questions I have just keep coming! :)

Boydo

Thanks for the replies,

As soon as I get back to town, I will take some Pics and describe the system and how it became what it is now.

Thanks again.