A Good Start To My Asian Comm 4 RTG 6 Silvers

hustler

Well i just picked up my 4 cv maju RTG yesterday and so far so good,
Had a few problems with the move and one is a bit beat up from being in a 4 pcs comm before.
I currently have 6 silver 10-14" 4 RTG 8-11" a redtail cat, 2 red tail Giant gourami and 4 redhook silver dollars in my 180 acrylic. Thank god for the 90 gallon sump :)
Im in the process of getting my 360 gallon shipped up and that will be there final home.
I hope to get a few super reds and 2 goldbase crossbacks when the new tank is set up and get rid of a few silvers.
007.jpg

008.jpg

Last edited:

chen88

Super Moderator
Thanks for the pics!....VERY nice!....any thoughts about adding some Rays in there? I know the bioload's going to be more but you have a good setup with the sump already! :)

hustler

When i get the big tank setup in the next month im going to try and find a few rays, I love the leopoldi's and am looking for a pair of them and a pair of motoro but for now i just have to get all the aro's moved :) Also not too sure how well they do with the tigrinus catfish that on my HAVE TO DO list :)

hustler

I just saw with your sr for sale add you have a tig with your rays :)
How do they do together? What kind of temperment do they have???
I thought they would be like the tiger shovelnose, mean little buggers lol maybe im wrong?

chen88

Super Moderator
not sure if you were referring to me...if so, I've had rays with Tigs many times no problems at all. My current Tig died a few month back though cause unknown. I've got a platinum RTC in with the rays and what you find with most bottom dwellers or at least for me is when it comes to feeding, cat's always knows where to get the food so when i put the MP's to the bottom for the Rays, the RTC is always swimming under my BD. it's funny as you only see the tail of the RTC sticking out under the Ray as he's following the ray where ever he goes as he knows where the ray's mouth is located..where there's a mouth, there's food about to be taken!

In general with my rtc and tig they often just stay put in a corner somewhere when not feeding. When not feeding the rays probably bother them more as they would swim on top of the Cats. I've never had any issues "yet" with my rays stinging the cats nor anything other tank mates and or have my cats whiskers prick into my rays belly...NOT yet! :)

The only thing I've had experience from a negative side is when i first introduce my rtc in with the tig, the tig was at least 4-5" bigger at that time and would often try to bite the rtc ....

hustler

Originaly it was supposed to be 96x32x36 but its looking like it will end up being 96x24x30.... Ill start a thread on it when its set in stone for sure.... and Im sure a few of your guys pcs will be in there shortly after lol