Advise: moving

shadwone

So I am planning to move to a new home and I am trying to figure out the best way to move my Aro. I was thinking about trying to get the fish housed at a lfs until I have the tank reset up and cycled.

Any suggestions on LFS in GTA? Are there any better suggestions?

peacockbass

moving tanks and fish can be an easy process....if you can set up a tempoary tank at your new place that would be ideal.....i used rubber maid bins as temp tanks and also for moving the fish back and forth.....move the tanks....get them filled and transfer the fish within a day or two....

shadwone

EEYY - the arowana is about 14" and the oscars is about 14" each. There are 4 oscars. I don't have access to any temporary tanks

I don't have any temp tanks but the rubber maid sounds like an idea. I have two Eheim PRO II for my tank so two rubber maid would work. Can the rubber maid stand up to the water heaters?

How do you prep the rubber maid bins,peacockbass?

peacockbass

i did my move during the summer...so i did not use any heaters....put the fish in the bins, added an airstone...and just kept on checking on them every few hours during the process....keep the lid heavily covered especially with the aro in it.....

hustler

If you go the rubbermaid way.... Buy a sheet or two of styrafoam and box it with ducktape aswell. Makes life alot easier and just toss in the heater and canister pipes and away you go.
Ive done this for weeks with Koi from my moms pond waiting for her tank to get shipped.
more water changes but you can go quite a while if needed for very Little cash ;)

EEYY

If you insist to find a local fish store "babysitting" your arowana and tankmates, as far as I know, AquaPets has been doing it for a while and will charge a fee on that. Don't ask me how much.

If you are interested, please call up AquaPets (old Kennedy Road and Steeles).

shadwone

EEYY - my current tank size is 180 gallon. I am planning to move it. I have heard of Aquapets, thanks. I will check with them.

Hustler - do you mean box it on the outside to keep the rubber maid insulated?

Last edited: