Albino Lung

JMorash

Hey,

I was in there around the end of August and saw an Albino Lungfish. I was wondering if it was still there? If so, does anyone know the price?

Thanks,

JMorash

EEYY

Hey,

I was in there around the end of August and saw an Albino Lungfish. I was wondering if it was still there? If so, does anyone know the price?

Thanks,

JMorash

Yes, the same Albino Lungfish is still there.

Is about 13" - 14" right now. Price at $1,000 plus shipping cost.

JMorash

Yeah, it's between this and Earls aussie. It'll take some thinking.

Does anyone know what species it is. I can remember from just looking at it last time. I'm hoping it's aethiopicus.

Thanks EEYY.

snow

not to put down king el or anything but go the the albino lungfish. I've never even heard of one being in Canada. A draw back is though that 75% chance you can't keep any fish with it...if it's a WAL that is. Aussie can be kept with fish.

JMorash

That is the big draw back. I have kept WAL with other fish, but he was a huge one (over three feet) and I think the fight in him was gone by then.

I think I will wait till November to decide. I am waiting to see if I will be able to import a very special animal. It would be a once in a life time chance if it happens. So I don't want to be short a thousand bucks. If that falls through, then I will see if this guy is still available and buy him instead.

King-eL

I wouldn't think it's a WAL as most albino lungfish are protopterus aethiopicus congicus and protopterus doloi available anywhere around. I currently have an albino doloi and an albino aethiopicus in my 75g tank. They are still small 10-12". Very cool fish to have with creamy white color.

Last edited:

King-eL

not to put down king el or anything but go the the albino lungfish. I've never even heard of one being in Canada. A draw back is though that 75% chance you can't keep any fish with it...if it's a WAL that is. Aussie can be kept with fish.

Come to my place you will see two of them.