aquariums

CHILLI RED

I am thinking of getting a larger tank in the next few months. Currently I have a 150 gallon. Looking to get a 180 or slightly larger. Which aquariums are the best? I like the looks of the ones at Lucky Aquarium with the curved ends. I forget the name of the manufacturer. I heard someone say before that these are cheaper tanks made in China and that they are low quality. Are these tanks alright? Or am I better off to get the normal rectangular type?

Marius

Starfire-isnt that just the fancy glass thats clearer?

The rounded corners were the Starphire trademark, it wasn't just the glass. But as you mentioned, there are a lot of "knock-offs". Ask the retailer, he should be able to tell you more.

I'd go for a nice acrylic if I were you.

CHILLI RED

Now I remember. The manufacturer of these tanks with the rounded ends is Jebo. Anyone know about their quality?

EEYY

I am thinking of getting a larger tank in the next few months. Currently I have a 150 gallon. Looking to get a 180 or slightly larger. Which aquariums are the best? I like the looks of the ones at Lucky Aquarium with the curved ends. I forget the name of the manufacturer. I heard someone say before that these are cheaper tanks made in China and that they are low quality. Are these tanks alright? Or am I better off to get the normal rectangular type?

The brand name of that curved tank at Lucky Aquarium is JEBO from Taiwan. I've heard a lot of people like the outlook of it.

One of our forum members (Norman) had this a while ago.

Last edited:

isjah

it is JEBO, if u don't mind the blurry look at the corners then it 's really low cost, if u really could wait, wait till new yrs they have crazy sales

AKSH

i got a 195g jebo, tank is great lighting system is very poor, i did completely changed the lighting system. very happy about the money i spent.

CHILLI RED

i got a 195g jebo, tank is great lighting system is very poor, i did completely changed the lighting system. very happy about the money i spent.
What dimensions are this 195 gallon tank? What type of light did you upgrade to?

AKSH

dimension 78in X 24in X 24in, made some glass covers for the top and got 3 sets of t5s with 10000k

DaiDee

Didnt it come with glass tops?

I believe AKSH removed the original canopy that came with his Jebo tank because the clearence is too low. Also, with the glass bracing on the inside of the tank, it makes it difficult to access the inside of the tank for maintenance and what-not.

Not to mention light fixtures receiving too much condensation causing the bulbs to fail quickly.

I'd definitely go that route as well if I were to purchase an all in one system.

AKSH

these tanks never come with glass tops, came with one big metal canopy with lots of room to access for cleaning plus 8- 30 in t8 light bulbs, they r specially made for aro keepers with that big canopy

DrBranDo

I had one while I was in TO (a 150g 5*2*). Well I still have it but kind of donated it to my uncle. LOL. I liked it especially because of the covers. And YES you have to get glass tops because of the dense condensation.

Now my preferences have changed. I prefer a nice rectangular one with a custom made steel stand finish with a nice wood style in mahogany color matched with a wooden cover. Will take pics of my new tank and update.

DaiDee

I had one while I was in TO (a 150g 5*2*). Well I still have it but kind of donated it to my uncle. LOL. I liked it especially because of the covers. And YES you have to get glass tops because of the dense condensation.

Now my preferences have changed. I prefer a nice rectangular one with a custom made steel stand finish with a nice wood style in mahogany color matched with a wooden cover. Will take pics of my new tank and update.

Any chance you can convince your uncle to sell it? :D