ARO PAIR

T1KARMANN

I have seen lots of videos on you tube of paired up aros swimming side by side

well my aros are not doing that yet as i think that is the later stages of the pairing

what i am seeing is 2 aros one of which is the alpha in the tank holding the whole tank and taking it it turns to beat crap out of the other aros in the comm

they are showing NO aggression to each other at all but if one of the other aros brakes from the pack one or the other will attack

at the moment the possible pair use 5 foot of the 7 foot tank

now comes my dilemma do i sell the other 4 aros to leave the hopefully pair to get on with it

things that can go wrong after removing the other aros if they are not a pair they may rip each other to bits :confused:

anyone got any experience with this

thanks in advance

arl

once you get a pair try it out with just the two of them, but I wouldn't get rid of the others yet. Even if the pair is getting along well in their courting stage it can still change after the female have released the egg (or the courting ends). Two aro com does not mean it is a pair (male and female) and not male and female that have paired will get along.

arl

I'll just share my tank activity about 3 months ago. The alpha arotakes 2/3 of the tank and anyone who crosses it will be chased back to the 1/3 side of the tank. Then two aro(not the alpha aro) started to pair for about 2 weeks, dancing around and the male makes a lot of croacking sound. The weird thing, they are swimming around the alpha aro's area and the alpha aro doesn't really mind them. Then another thing happened, it became a "threesome" :eek: The alpha aro joined in. This went for about 1 week then finally it is just the alpha aro and the male, or wat Ithought was the male since it is the one doing the croacking and being aggressive.they paired for a few weeks and now I am seeing the alpha aro pairing with another aro, the one that was kicked out of the "three some". My aros just turned 2 yrs this month so I am assuming they are just practising.

EEYY

I have seen lots of videos on you tube of paired up aros swimming side by side

well my aros are not doing that yet as i think that is the later stages of the pairing

what i am seeing is 2 aros one of which is the alpha in the tank holding the whole tank and taking it it turns to beat crap out of the other aros in the comm

they are showing NO aggression to each other at all but if one of the other aros brakes from the pack one or the other will attack

at the moment the possible pair use 5 foot of the 7 foot tank

now comes my dilemma do i sell the other 4 aros to leave the hopefully pair to get on with it

things that can go wrong after removing the other aros if they are not a pair they may rip each other to bits :confused:

anyone got any experience with this

thanks in advance

Any video clip?

Marius

I would just increase the tank space if possible. You can try to remove the pair in an equally large tank, but then again sometimes crowding can bring those "warm" feelings up faster and it might work just the way they are for now :)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Mr. Kan told me that when you think you have a pair, that the best thing is to remove the fish from the com tank and put them in a pair of separate 180 gallon tanks; then condition them with good food; then reintroduce the pair inside the empty com tank or else another large fiber glass tank. This was how he told me that he bred his first pair.

It's funny, the way he described it almost reminded me of how you would try to get a pair of betta to spawn. :)

hondas3000

can we just have both in same tank with divider in between for awhile until they seem to be ok then we remove the divider? Will that work?

arl

can we just have both in same tank with divider in between for awhile until they seem to be ok then we remove the divider? Will that work?

That should be fine. Atleast when you see some seriuos fighting it will be easy to separate them. Then try again later if you see improvement in their "relationship". They say as aros get older they become less agressive so who knows, aros that doesn't get along at an early age might get along when they get older. The worse that can happen is having a FT with a devider but if your OK with that it should be fine.

T1KARMANN

im just going to leave the maybe pair in the com for a few months longer to see what happens

its looking good :D

T1KARMANN

hahahahahaha

right i took the gamble in the end 1 month ago now

so far so good no fights with the pair :D

my Big ST is getting a bit aggressive to the aros as their is less of them now which was always my main worry but its only for 1/2 hour every week or so and no damage done

i do have a backup ST thats as nice as mine i may add to keep him busy if he gets to aggressive

enjoy the video it has always been my dream to have a pair of aros a pair of p14 rays and a pair of ST :D

2 of the dream pairs sorted now comes the hard ones to pair the ST

Boydo

hahahahahaha

my Big ST is getting a bit aggressive to the aros as their is less of them now which was always my main worry but its only for 1/2 hour every week or so and no damage done

i do have a backup ST thats as nice as mine i may add to keep him busy if he gets to aggressive

enjoy the video it has always been my dream to have a pair of aros a pair of p14 rays and a pair of ST :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgUAfGfBnZg&feature=channel_page

Congrats Dude! They look stunning......you gotta love it when your hard work pays off.:D BTW Alway enjoy your videos....Haven't seen you around the other sites in awhile... guess I got luckly deciding to pass by....here:rolleyes:.

T1KARMANN

Congrats Dude! They look stunning......you gotta love it when your hard work pays off.:D BTW Alway enjoy your videos....Haven't seen you around the other sites in awhile... guess I got luckly deciding to pass by....here:rolleyes:.

im just letting my tank mature now :D

not been on many fish forums as i have another hobby which im working on :D

P1040512.jpg

but the car is finished now so its back to the tank :D

yes i had a 9 aro com to start then thinned it down as they grew

i then got down to 5 and this pair were beating up the other 3 so i sold the 3 leaving this 2 which have been in the same tank now for 1 month with no problems

this video was taken 1 week after they were alone

menghun

hahahahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgUAfGfBnZg&feature=channel_page

this is also my dream...:D