aro vs catfish

reddragon

I woke up this moring to see that my arro and my catfish had a fight or something , cuz i see one of the aro s scales stuck in the catfish s spine and the aro s scales on his head is all fu=ck up. You guys think it ll heal? it looks sorta like dropsy or something. I dont know what happen, but the aro got owned . Should i just remove the damm catfish ?

DSC01395.jpg

showing off his trothy on his back

DSC01387.jpg

DSC01382.jpg

DSC01396.jpg

i added melafix and added some salt, what else should i do?
thx

EEYY

Clearly, a party was going on!!

I always like to play safe. I would definitely take out that catfish.

How long have they been together with the red?

senthus

I would take out the catfish...

I woke up this morning and found my RTG with my polypterus hanging in its mouth. Swallowed the whole thing in like 10 mins. :(

Kenta

Administrator
Damn bro, toss the cat into another tank.. those scales look like they'll fall off on their own...

EKen

Super Moderator
Should I stop taking the Tigrinus Cat Fish just in case?

Personally, I think that when you put any 2 or more fishes together, there is always a risk of injury. But like they say, no pain, no gain. I would still go for a Tigrinus beacause they look really nice. In fact, I am shopping for a big one (around 12'') right now.

T1KARMANN

smart move you are much safer with a 12inch + tigrinus :D

tigrinus go great with aros i have never had any problems unless you give the tigrinus a place to hide then he will defend it

reddragon

The scales came back down to normal now, hes eatting so i guess everything is ok. Only a lil piece of meat is sticking out from his wound..
Hopefully he makes a full recovery and there is no permanent scar.

carcrazy

I was also thinking of getting a tigrinus catfish to go with my jardini in a 200 gallon tank (6'x2'x28" high). The jardini is about 9" and has been in the tank now for about 3 weeks. Do you think this will work or will the jardini kill the catfish (or vice versa)?

I could put the catfish in another tank with 2 motoro rays, a HBRTG and a tiger dat (6'x3'x33"high) but I think the footprint will be too small when the rays get bigger (they're about 10" across now). Suggestions?