arow gulped air stone this time

impalass

We where notified there would be no power today from 9am to 4pm. Set up my battery operated air pump, dropped in a white, 1"x 3/8" air diffuser and let it bubble away.
A while later I walked by to see my 4.5 Yrs. old, 22" rtg having a tug of war with it. The air stone pops off the line and he starts chewing on it. This continues for a few minutes and I'm waiting for him to spit it out, the chewing motions stop. WTF! :eek: it looks like he swallowed it.
I'm in panic mode now, staring in disbelief, what to do? what to do? He can't pass that thing, he's dead arow swimming. I'm now sweating bullets but, I have a plan, net him, quickly wrap him in a blanket get the longest needle nose pliers out and try to retreave the air stone.
By now it's 30 min. since he gulped the stone, I have everything ready, canopy off and he spits it out. WOW just in time, I now need to sedate myself. Feel better having some place to vent.

Moral of the story, "No more small air stones!!!"

hustler

Jeeezee...... Thats some kind of scary bro.... I had an rtg eat a portion of a plastic plant...... I pulled it out by hand when he couldnt spit it out and i mean 4" into his belly.... Salt and heat to avoid any internal damage and he was fine after a week or so.