arowana operation

aro7

Hi guys,

I was looking to put my aro under the knife, but wanted to find out a bit more information before doing so...you see, my arowana's caudal fin looks very wavy...when i say wavy its bc his fin has been torn b4 and it grew back crooked?

if i slit the caudal fins, should i cut it so that they are straight lines, meaning break the bones...or how should i do this? can this be fixed? im not great at explaining, but once u see the photo hope you can understand better as to what i mean...

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9630.jpg
    IMG_9630.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 608

Marowana420

you're a brave man doing that to ur GH. when i watched sam doing the op. he didnt cut thru the bone. dont know if it is the correct way, but thats what he did.

aro7

im not gonna do it...dee is...so that way i have someone to blame if anything happens...j/k

aro7

hmmm interesting, thanks for the post EEYY. So according to the book, and what related to my aorwana, i would hafta chop off the tail up untill where the bones are straight as in example A?

oshiet

That's correct. Did the op on my aro twice because it didn't grow back properly the first time just be splitting the fins.

aro7

i got the aro when it was around 11-12" and its fins were already like that...not sure if it was operated on before or not.

aro7

anyone have any clue as to how long i can leave the arowana out of the water for...

obviously as least amount of time as possible, but roughly a time limit would be nice so i can be sure to monitor and make sure i dont keep him out of the water too long...

EEYY

anyone have any clue as to how long i can leave the arowana out of the water for...

obviously as least amount of time as possible, but roughly a time limit would be nice so i can be sure to monitor and make sure i dont keep him out of the water too long...

This short video clip has anal fin / tail / drop-eye operations at the same time. Lets' see if this would help you out a bit.

As you saw, they got the arowana "sleeping" first!!