AUL order

tman

Super Moderator
If anyone missed out on this there is one for sale on Kijiji(Calgary).

Last edited:

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
This is the third time I have imported this fish in the last 6-7 years. It is very rare and very cool.

p3101330.jpg

p3101331.jpg

p3101332.jpg

p3101333.jpg

denmark%2028.jpg

danmark%2028.1.jpg

denmark%2030.jpg

This is a jurassic fish, a real living fossil showing similarities with the coelecanth and even the Asian arowana (note the large size of each scale and the small number of them from top to bottom of the fish; these two features are indicators of ancient fish :) ).

Other really neat features of this fish are its passivity (you can keep one with almost any other kind of fish - even smaller fish; they are omnivores and are not hard to train to eat pellets, cut up shrimp/chicken/hot dogs, and peas/carrots), and their longevity (they can likely live in the 100 year range). One last thing - they are more forgiving of water chemistry fluctuations than many other fish like stingrays, etc.

skynoch

Ya just keep them both until they get too big and sell one to me cheap. I didn't actually look at these to close before seeing pictures of south american ones thinking not that cool but these are really neat. Keep me in mind when you ditch these Tim.

rudy

Ya just keep them both until they get too big and sell one to me cheap. I didn't actually look at these to close before seeing pictures of south american ones thinking not that cool but these are really neat. Keep me in mind when you ditch these Tim.

I am ditching one on kijiji Scott. Check it out.... lol actually probably not. Lyders building me a tank

skynoch

Okay I hate kijijijjijijijiji so just pm me, and if lyders building you a tank I`m guessing it`s plywood and big or bigger than the one you have and what happened to downsizing and it takes up too much time. You got the bug back again didn`t you.