BBXB and 180 gallon

Aro51

I promised some folks to document my 180 setup. Since I'm also using this thread to track my arowana's progress, I'll keep the first post to arowana pictures (latest first).

Second post will document the setup in chronological order.

Picked up a gorgeous BBXB with amazing and super calm personality.

May 13, 2012 - Best in-tank shot i could get

In the tank

Left side

Right side

May 13, 2012 - In the bag acclimating

Aro51

Thanks very much to chen and tomuhs in helping me plan and seeding the tank with established filter floss.

March 2012 - Tank arrived

Measuring background vinyl

Water Blaster HY-5000 pump (more than enough flow!)

50 gallon sump (from Miracles)

Plumbing all done (probably the most painful part of the entire setup)

Vinyl attached

Tank up and running after 2 months (Tank was cycled using fishless method)

tomuhs

Wow that looks amazing! Congrats on the new tank and on the nice catch. It looks like you did a lot of planning and put in a lot of hard work to get it looking the way it does now. Kudos.

The shine on the fish is really nice! Looks to me that you got a real winner and will develop super nice. Already shine all along the 5 th lvl. Wow.

Do you mind me asking where you ended up going to pick up the fish?

Aro51

Wow that looks amazing! Congrats on the new tank and on the nice catch. It looks like you did a lot of planning and put in a lot of hard work to get it looking the way it does now. Kudos.

The shine on the fish is really nice! Looks to me that you got a real winner and will develop super nice. Already shine all along the 5 th lvl. Wow.

Do you mind me asking where you ended up going to pick up the fish?

Thanks Tomuhs. Really appreciate that you helped with exchanging setup ideas during the planning process.

I ended up picking it up at Gold Garden Pet Shop. Wasn't planning on picking up an aro yesterday to be honest and was ready to jump on the Dreamfish order.

When I saw this guy, I knew he was the right aro for me.

tomuhs

Thanks Tomuhs. Really appreciate that you helped with exchanging setup ideas during the planning process.

I ended up picking it up at Gold Garden Pet Shop. Wasn't planning on picking up an aro yesterday to be honest and was ready to jump on the Dreamfish order.

When I saw this guy, I knew he was the right aro for me.

Look forward to seeing updates :p

Any plans for tankmates??

Aro51

Will definitely post updates. :)

Current tankmates are 3 blood parrots(look more orange than red), 3 clown loach and 1 fei feng.

Hopefully I can find some nice dark red parrots to replace the orange ones.

Aro51

Hey tomuhs,

Fish is doing great! Ate on day 1 and has been eating every day at least once a day. Some days it'll have 2 meals. I have it on a strict mp diet right now.

Great personality too. Very calm and friendly.

tomuhs

That's awesome to hear! Gotta love it when the aro enjoys eating MP and has a good temperament.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but would you sharing a pic of the cert? Enjoy looking at the designs of different farms :D

Aro51

Nice setup! Where was the tank ordered if you don't mind me asking? :)

Thanks! I got the setup from Big Al's. It was part of a package (tank and cabinet and light).

If I were to do it again I would custom order the tank.