Best way to get rid of high ammonia in stingray tank?

snow

I'm doing 50% water changes everyday. Tested the water and it's seems to bes going dwn.

hondas3000

Just like other said, you just need more filter and more water change. I like to add prime a lot because it help breaking the ammonia into particle which will be remove by your filter. But 75G is very small that 2 rays, I would feed it every 2 or 3 days and doing more water change until you can transfer it to bigger tank.

snow

Should I use prime? I heard there is something in there which is not good for stingrays? Many say to use something like aqua plus. Yet some others like you say to use prime. I guess it 50/50 sorta thing.

skynoch

Prime works just fine for rays. The only thing is with your rays being exposed to ammonia allready I thought it would be better to treat the water outside the tank first. When feedng your actually better to do more smaller feeds once you begin feeding again as it won't cause as much waste at once and will be less for your bio to handle. One big feed can task your bio an cause ammonia spikes

snow

Well today I'm going to do 50% change again and the new water will come from the large tank. Then I will wait and see how they do. With any luck by sunday I will have them into the new tank. Both rays are still doing okay, the male is becomming a bit more active and seems less stressful.

hustler

Did you figure out any good bio to buy? The frozen stuff seems highly rated on google but no longer for sale? Seems its a 50/50 on just about all the reviews on all the products lol... Im using stability now but I will switch in a heartbeat if there is something more effective out there.

hustler

I still have .05 ammo and its been a month..... I use it every other day with water changes every 4 days..... and a 60 gpd drip.....
Still not cycled but it may just be the addition of the rays that took the bio to the max?
I have honestly 4 5gallon pails of ceramic rings, and 2 5G of bio balls not to mention 20 foam pads....... and a 1.5hp pump blowing right through my 110 gallon sump....... Im lost what to do next

snow

Well I phonned a LFS a few hours ago. They have something I have not heard of before.
But...I forgot the name of it already:rolleyes:. Tomorrow I will go in to have a look at it, if I buy it I'll post it up here.

snow

Did you figure out any good bio to buy? The frozen stuff seems highly rated on google but no longer for sale? Seems its a 50/50 on just about all the reviews on all the products lol... Im using stability now but I will switch in a heartbeat if there is something more effective out there.

I found this seems like this might be a good buy. Watch the video too. Although he is useing the saltwater one.
http://www.bigalsonline.ca/Fish_Add...rifying-Bacteria-FW_10176513_102.html?tc=fish