building 180 gallon racks Looking for Ideas or designs

hustler

I would like to build 2 racks to hold 2 180 gallon tanks and sump. I will probably weld them in 3 parts out of 1 1/4" Sq tubing that can bolt together so I can get them downstairs.
I have heard a few of you guys have racks now with larger tanks, No chance you can post some pics here? Mabey give a little detail on how they were made, materials ect :)

hustler

I saw a video on mfk of bretts tanks on industrial racks.... Anyone know how big those tanks are?

hustler

Nevermind.... Got her all figured out guys lol....
065.jpg

012-5.jpg

hustler

I sure did :) Its a 2 piece so it could get down the stairs.

Very impressive, did you weld them yourself?

I would move the stereo but honestly 3 feet any way in the basement is another tank......Im trying to weld up a stainless rack for it that hangs from the joists but It gets in the way of the projector

jsodwi

Did the that thing wobble at all being so tall? I would probably make a bracket and bolt it to the studs in thae wall just for piece of mind. Looks awesome though

hustler

No wobble front to back or side to side and dead level and sturdy :)
I have alot of steel experience so the braces eat up all the stress.

CORVETTE

Stand looks great and very sturdy comming from another welder....lol is that a duster in your garage?

hustler

its a 72 nova SS :) a true find from the farm out by conklin..... All new steel and a rebuilt 454. Just another money pit hobby lol
In the top tank i have an alligator gar, 3 spotteds and a florida with a fly river turtle.
bottom tank has an albino giant gourami, 2 silvers, a giant snakehead and a redtail cat.
In the sump i have 15 baby clown loaches and some silver dollars lol

CORVETTE

Always wanted a Nova SS. Busy building a 55 belair hardtop right now... There's a snake head like that at Big als in Calgary right now, say they cant get rid of it...?