can flower horn and arowana be together?

icebeast

hi i have 3 aro now and ntt, ff and lots of other fish that i dunno their english name, but today i notice 1 of the arowana's body is hurt so i don't know who had done the damage lol the 3 arowana they fight onces in a blue moon but just biting the tails but could the flower horn done that to the body?

Last edited:

hondas3000

How big is your flower horn and the aro? Usually the aro bit the flower horn not the other way around. Sometime the aro damage itself when it got scare and jump then hit something hard that can damage the scale. BTW flower horn can't go with arowana.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I read once of someone breaking the flowerhorn's teeth off (those ones that look kind of like a beak at the front of its mouth), and then keeping the fish with their Asian aro. I thought that was cruel and would not recommend doing it. Just goes to show the lengths some people will go to get certain fish to live together in the same tank.

EEYY

hi i have 3 aro now and ntt, ff and lots of other fish that i dunno their english name, but today i notice 1 of the arowana's body is hurt so i don't know who had done the damage lol the 3 arowana they fight onces in a blue moon but just biting the tails but could the flower horn done that to the body?

Tank size?

I've read a book saying the minimum ratio is 4-to-1. ie arowana should be 4 times bigger than the flowerhorn.

Similar to flowerhorn, if you have a king kong parrot, similar fight or trace could also happen.

Plus, some said that trying not to put 2 NGTs together no matter how big the tank is or no matter how many other tankmates are in the tank.

hondas3000

I read once of someone breaking the flowerhorn's teeth off (those ones that look kind of like a beak at the front of its mouth), and then keeping the fish with their Asian aro. I thought that was cruel and would not recommend doing it. Just goes to show the lengths some people will go to get certain fish to live together in the same tank.

That is a crazy idea to cut off FH teeth, as you know they are very small. Flower horn can never stay with any fish even a female flower horn can't stay with them long. They just need one night stay only :).

icebeast

well i got rid of the flowerhorns now :) thank you all for helping, and i just got another arow a Gan Red+ i'll post photo later

Eddio

Good idea to remove that flowerhorn. Considering the risks involved, I wouldnt put a flowerhorn with an aro as well. From past experiences, I definitely agree with hondas3000; flower horns are way too aggressive! Good luck.