check this aro out

endi

*check thesee aro's out

IMG_0299.jpg

Theother_side_Vip_runner_up.jpg

grand_camp_Vip.jpg

no lighting

ISAKU_16_INCH.jpg

i went to a lfs in toronto and got some pics of their red. i was impress with this new shipment. most of the aro's were very nice. i especially like the spoon the reds have. now i'm debatting whether or not if i should pick up a smaller red.. maybe i'll sell my rtg =p....... still thinking..

tell me what u guys think about these aros

frozen-fire

whoa...those are impressive reds. where is this lfs?

sucks how that last pic shows the red wtih the anal fin having been operated on.

endi

yepp this is the long awaited shipment from johnny... those are the bigger reds.. they're around 13" .. the smaller ones are 5-8"

DrBranDo

looks on the pictures they have drop eyes???

I also noticed from the aro book I own and pictures online that red aro tends to have drop eye more often than other asian aros.

protoxeno

looks on the pictures they have drop eyes???

I also noticed from the aro book I own and pictures online that red aro tends to have drop eye more often than other asian aros.

Reds are more commonly known to get DE in the asian aro category, but silvers DE issue....is much more common....?

EKen

Super Moderator
DE for silvers is for sure common. I rarely see a silver without DE. I am not sure if Reds are more prone to DE, but they are definitely more prone to PLJ.

I am assuming Reds might be prone to DE in Asia as people tend to tan them...any experienced ones want to chip in?

rulaifu

DE for silvers is for sure common. I rarely see a silver without DE. I am not sure if Reds are more prone to DE, but they are definitely more prone to PLJ.

I am assuming Reds might be prone to DE in Asia as people tend to tan them...any experienced ones want to chip in?

I don't think so. Maybe I am lucky. Even the silver I kept before does not have DE problem.
And you know that all my aros. do not have DE problem, nor PLJ unless it was PLJ already. Don't ask me the reason, I am just that lucky.

EKen

Super Moderator
I don't think so. Maybe I am lucky. Even the silver I kept before does not have DE problem.
And you know that all my aros. do not have DE problem, nor PLJ unless it was PLJ already. Don't ask me the reason, I am just that lucky.

You know your case does not count. You have a "special agent" selecting for you.

arl

That is a very beautiful red, they might have tanned it a bit which many believes will cause DE, but it is a very beautiful fish having that color at that size. Does any body know from what farm it is from? I wouldn't be surprised if that is VIP.

eddie73

Think picture was due to submersible light shining up from bottom. therefore highlighted the colours.

Good piece of Red nonetheless :)

Yuppa

Super Moderator
lovely aro..

nan lights certainly enhance its color, however still a while for it to turn true red..

that being said, it WILL turn red, lovely aro, beautfull scale core

*drools

arl

What farm? ...... Anybody...? Thinking of getting a red jsut like to know what farm is "HOT" on red right now........... this red is deffinetely HOT! :D